Chapter 13 - The Trial

POV: Sal

I was on the roof of the apartments. "Wait how the fuck.." I turned around and saw him, "Larry! I can't believe it! It's only been a few hours since you.. you... You asshole! How could you do this? How could you leave me? Why?"

"I'm sorry dude, I really am. But we don't have much time, Rose said the cult is here and they have to be stopped tonight. It's not going to be easy." I looked at my feet, "I just can't believe this is real. I can't believe your really gone." I felt the tears starting to form again. "C'mon Sal. Let's take these fuckers out once and for all." I looked up and smiled at Larry. I know he couldn't see it though.

Larry helped me from the other side, we managed to break all the barrier spells through out the apartment. Once we broke the last barrier I ended up on the first floor. I looked in the apartments for anything else I was supposed to look for but nothing. That is until I got to Mr. Addison's room.. I heard mumbling from the inside of the apartment. It was hard to make out what the person was saying from the other side of the door.

"A young boy standing at the threshold of oblivion." ...Terrence? I listened closer when a deep and unknown voice spoke, "Mesmerized by the eternal abyss." I opened the door and it was pitch black yet I could still hear Terrance's voice, "Tormented and bound by the world of mankind."

I walked deeper into the room and saw Terrence. He was covered in some weird green slime, he looked pale... dead almost. "Terrence? Are you okay?" He didn't answer. I was about to say his name again when he started moving backwards, I looked up and saw a huge wall of green slime. I could see arms and legs of humans sticking out of it. Terrence practically crawling into it, only letting his face be visible.

I walked closer to it, "Did the cult do this to you?" The green slime thing opened his mouth.. or whatever that thing was and spoke again. "The child does not choose his own fate. It's always been this way. You will soon understand the true harmony of the endless one."

I took a step forward, "Are you the endless one? Why are you infecting the souls of this building?"
"Darkness moves through all things and obeys our will. We are everlasting. We are beyond death."
"Terrence! I know your in there somewhere! You have to stop this!!"
"You speak of someone who is no more. Your struggle is meaningless."
"Then I'll stop you myself."
"You will try and fail. That's how it always is."

The 'true form of Addison' opened its mouth again and growled. There was a flash and when I opened my eyes I was falling... up? It felt like I was falling it I was actually moving upwards. I was moving father from the ground. I looked at the side and there was the green slime again but this time there was an eye.
The eye opened so I attempted to use my guitar on it to see if I was able to do anything and surely enough, the eye shit and I moved farther up.

I continued to use my so called power to get rid of the eyes one by one. There was five eyes in total. Once I finished off the last one I was brought to the White Room. There was a little boy standing in front of me. "I've been waiting for you Sal! I knew you'd be the one, I knew from the moment I saw you." He spoke. "Wait.. Terrence?"

"My apologies good sir, I haven't quite been myself and I've caused so much pain.."
"Is it over now?"
"Almost.. I'm afraid there's one more task remaining. It's it's quite a hideous one too."
"What ever it is, I'm willing to do it. I just want this to end."

Terrence sighed, "You must kill all those who have been tainted by the dark.." My heart dropped, "Wait but.. that's everyone in this building. That's my family and my friends. We've cleared the darkness from their souls! We've already saved them! Please don't make me do this Terrence."

"It's too late for them Sal. Their souls are destroyed beyond repair. If left unchecked, the shadows will seep through these cracks and more lives will be extinguished." I stayed quiet. "My heart weighs heavy in sorrow for you. I know you will lose everything just as I had many years ago." He said. I shook my head, "Terrence I don't think I can do this... Please! Don't make me do this!" I started tearing up again.