Chapter Nine

Clarissa's POV:

I woke up gasping for air, good thing the nightmare wasn't as intense as yesterday, I check my phone for the time, it's six am, I sit up and I feel pain where I got stabbed, weird because I haven't felt anything yesterday or the day before. I ignore the pain and grab my phone, scroll through social media.

The nurse came, gave me my meds and left. I got my laptop out and started working and reading emails, I answered some emails and made notes about things I need to do when I go to the company.

I check the time and it's already 9 am, woah the time flew without me even noticing. I feel my phone buzzing and dad is calling, I answer,

Dad: good morning sweetheart, how are you feeling?

Clarissa: good morning dad, I'm good, are you at work yet?

Dad: Yes, I just wanted to check on you before I enter the meeting, you brothers are probably gonna blow up your phone today.

He laughs and I laugh along sighing.

Clarissa: Ye, I prepared myself mentally for that.

The door opens and the doctor walks in.

Clarissa: dad I gotta go, the doctor is here to check on my wounds, have a good day, I love you so much.

Dad: Alright sweetheart, send me a message when he leaves and I love you so much. Call me if you need anything.

We hang up and the doctor walked to my side smiling.

"Good morning, Clarissa, I hope you're doing well. I need to ask you a couple of questions before checking on your wounds." He said, I smiled at him and nodded at him.

"Have you been feeling lightheaded?" I shook my head.

He asked a couple of questions and he told me to put up my robe so he can see the stabbing wound, I did as I'm told. He put a little bit of pressure on it and I hissed, he opened the band-aid and frowned. He looked at me "have you been feeling any pain in your abdominal area?" He asked.

"I didn't feel anything yesterday but today when I woke up I felt a slight pain while I was sitting up," I said wincing slightly since he's pressing on the wound. "Did you move quickly at any point yesterday? or did someone hug you tightly?" He asked looking back at me.

"umm I had a nightmare yesterday and I think when I woke up, I sat up quickly and I think the same thing happened today," I said nervously. He gave me a sympathetic look and called a nurse.

I looked at him confused. "one stitch opened and the one next to it is opening, we need to restitch it and after that please try and not make any quick moves. You can ask for a nurse to help you walk around so you won't feel stiff from laying down, I will talk to your parents when they come," He said nodding at the nurse.

She brought the stitching equipment. She handed the doctor what he asked for and he started restitching my wound. I hissed a little bit. He finished stitching and they gave me a medicine to sleep.

I fell asleep for two hours, I woke up at 11 am, there's still another thirty minutes for my therapy session. I asked the nurses to not check on me unless I press the button and they agreed. I open my phone and see nearly 50 messages from all my brothers.

I make a group video call and they answer on the first ring making me smile in amusement.

Matteo: YOU PROMISED TO ANSWER OUR MESSAGES AND CALLS, YOU IDIOT, WHAT WERE YOU DOING?

oh god!!

Clarissa: Calm down everyone, the doctor came in two hours ago and told me that my stitches opened sligh-