Chapter 13: Malicious

HINDI ko mapigilang maisip ang mga matang punong-puno ng emosyong ipinakita ni Ivan ilang araw na ang nakakalipas habang umiinom ako ng kape at naghihintay sa pagbabalik nila. Habang nagkakagulo at nagbibiruan ang kanyang mga kaibigan siya’y pilit na nakikisakay sa una, ngunit kalaunan at ng hindi na niya napigilan ay tumulo na ng tuluyan ang mga luhang ginto kung ituring ng iba.

A golden tear for it is rare to see a guy with tears in his eyes, most especially a man like Ivanov Parker. I don’t know what he thinks or who he’s thinking while staring at me walking away from them but it felt like he gone through a lot that even me who just met him can feel the agony he’s feeling inside in just a mere look in his eyes.

Nasa labas ako ngayon at nakaupo sa balkonahe ng palasyo habang nakatingin sa artificial barrier na promoprotekta ngayon sa buong lugar, inaalala ang mga pangyayaring itinakda ng araw na iyon. Everyone was gone for the training at the forest on the west so I can have the palace all by my self.

Lahat sila ay nagbibiruan at kahit si Ivan ay nakikisali din samantalang ako’y tahimik lamang na nakaupo at nakamasid sa kanila habang kumakain kami. Until they decided that I should know them well lalo na’t magkakasama kami ng matagal. They said that they’re already friends simula noong bata pa sila, they grew up and dreamt together in the province but they knew the existence of Óneiro. They told me about there likes and dislikes, and vice versa, they asked me a few questions until it reached the moment na napag-usapan nila ang proposal na tinanggihan ko so I decided to give them an explanation.

I told them that my current mission that time was about a notorious organization that planted a few specialized bombs that will surely blow the country into pieces if it was not detonated at the given time, a month. That’s why I need to infiltrate the group and to refuse them. I told them that the organization I dealed with wants to dominate the country, so that it would be easier for them to do there deeds without hindrances though the government didn’t let them and sent us to stop the group. I don’t want to pamper them too much information so I ended it with a smile and said, “ although I didn’t finish the mission because of the sudden call of this floating island, I am a hundred and ten percent sure that my partner did her best to finish our business.”

We were devoured by a long silence until they decided to ask questions again. Until it reached to the point that they’ve to ask me why I left Óneiro at a young age. I smiled bitterly as I remembered it ngunit hindi ko iyon masyadong ipinahalata. I faced them confidently as I answered those two words that I never had until now, independency and freedom then I followed it with a short brief of my story.

Unlike them I didn’t lived with my parents for many years as I took my life there. A normal couple is assigned to be my parents who will live with me until I grew up and comeback here. They will take orders from here and will settle it with me but hence the strict orders I know that they truly cared and they genuinely love me. The moments that we are happy together was not a ploy that they played well. I know that, I can sense it and if everything will go well I won’t hesitate coming back and live a happy life with them for they are more likely my parents than my biological parents.

My voice cracked and I was about to tear up when  Lee decided to interrupt and tossed out the topic by asking something na tila nakapagpabalik ng mga luha ko sa pinangalingan nito. Lahat ay napabaling at tinigil ang pagkain para makinig lang sakanya though Gai scowled dahil sa pagtigil namin ng pagkain sa luto niya.

“Who’s that telepath that the folks are talking about?” Lee’s exact words that lingered on my ears as I looked at Datu Pula knowingly. Magaling magtago ang isang Levis Pendelton huh, dahil hanggang ng mga oras na ‘yon ay wala pa ring nakakaalam kung ano ang totoong kakayahan niya, kahit sina Spades at Watson ay walang alam, maging si Heart ay tila walang kasiguruhan ng mga oras na nagtanong sila sa library.

“You know what? I smell something fishy between the two of you, “ Zach pointed out while looking at me and Levis with evident suspicion in his eyes.

“You noticed that too, Zach?” Tanong naman ni Paris na sinulsulan agad ni Gai.

“Hmm… Sagutin niyo nga kami, What’s that your hiding, huh?” Mapanghinala na tanong nito.

“ You two are in a relationship?” Walang pagaalinlangang bulalas ni Walter na parang hindi nakatunog sa mga pinagsasabi ng mga kaibigan. Everyone frowned at him na ikinatawa ko ngunit natahimik din naman kalaunan ng sakin ibaling ng lahat ang kanilang atensyon. Gai and Zach was about to asked something when Datu Pula decided to interrupt.

“Ako ang sagutin niyo, ano ang tinatago ninyo?” Seryosong aniya.

“I know you all have been hiding something on your sleeves, it’s time to reveal it everyone, loosen up and remove that heavy baggage on your backs,” Levis added confidently with his mischievous smirk.

“What are you talking about?” Tila wala lang na tanong ni Walter pero he’s tensed, I mean they’re tensed, I can feel it.

“You know that I’m good at my profession Walter and I can tell that everyone’s tensed right now, tell me what are those hidden talents you have and in exchange I will do anything you ask,” tila balewalang sagot ni Datu Pula na ikinatanga ko at ikinangisi naman ng iba.

“ Deal!” Everyone replied in chorus except me and Datu Pula, of course. Crap? Seriously?

“Earth to Flarey?”

I nearly jumped from the wooden chair I’m sitting at when a gravelly calm voice reached my auditory.

It came from Walter. I didn’t get a chance to notice his presence for he used his concealing ability to hide it though I can still smell his manly cinnamon fragrance from the place his standing. Hmmm seems like they’re here, I was grinning internally as an idea popped up on my head. Well mas napa-aga though I should start the act now.

“The scroll?” seryosong ani ko and his jaw dropped marahil ay tumatakbo na sa isip niya na napakainconsiderate kong tao gayong kita ko naman ang pagod at mga galos niya sa katawan. Tss ikaw ba namang papuntahin sa isang masukal at hindi pamilyar na gubat kung saan maraming hindi inaasahan at delikadong patibong para lang makuha ang scroll na hindi mo naman alam kung ano at papaano magagamit. I sighed before smiling at him. Maybe I already gone too far.

“Here,” kinuha niya ang scroll sa isang maliit na itim na bag na nakasabit sakanyang bewang atsaka iwinagayway iyon sa harapan niya, not bothering to come near or even opening the scroll. Good.

“Take three steps forward Walter,” I commanded at him with a sinister smile stretched on my lips. He did what I told atsaka nagtataka or more likely naghihinalang tumitig sa akin. Huh gotcha! They are really here eh?

“Open the scroll,” ani ko and when he totally did a smoke emerged na agad naman niyang na hulaan kung ano. Well it’s screaming almond scent sinong hindi mapaparanoid?

“What the f*ck!? Plano mo ba kaming patayin?” Walter screamed habang lumalayo at tinatakpan ang ilong gayon din sa iba na kakalitaw lang. Kitang kita ko ang galit at iritasyon sa mukha ng mga kalalakihang nasa harapan ko di kalayuan.

“I told you Walter, gamitin mo ng kompleto ang abilidada mong ‘yan, “ I got a remote and pressed the red button to stop the illusion and then chuckled when I saw them stopped on they’re track as they listened to what I’m saying, their mouth gaped open.

“I warned you before this training started this morning, didn’t I? You have no match against me,” seryosong ani ko sakanila.

“ Excuse me?” Iritadong tanong ni Zach.

“No Zach it’s excuse me!? I am your teacher, listen to me when I say show your whole capability, hindi yung iniisa-isa niyo dahil yung dating sakin, you are insulting me,” I fired back that brought them to silence.

“  Kanina ng makarating ka Walter, I knew there all along that you’re not alone, I have keen senses , that is one of my ability and you didn’t know that, that’s why your going easy on me, your belittling me,” I added, there is no hint of a smile on my face kaya napayuko sila, even Ivan did and now that I’m eyeing them one by one I can say that they’re really tired. Alam ko ang pinagdadaanan nila ngayon dahil ganoon rin ang mga bagay na ipinagawa sa akin ng mga Hizards ng tinuturuan nila ako.

“Sorry, “ everyone asked for forgiveness in unison. I sighed before smiling at them, not in a sardonic way but genuinely this time.

“ Forgiven and by the way I’m not trying to kill all of you, I’m not a murderer guys so chill, It’s just a plain illusion that I came up with when I was seven years old,” I told them while chuckling lightly and they’re jaw dropped because of my response. Uh why, are they not expecting me to forgive them?

“You have illusion as an ability to?” Gagad na tanong ni Gai. Oh that!

“What!? No,” I answered. “What I mean is illusion with the help of science.”

“ Oh!?” Parang nakahingang ani Gai. Well I can’t blame him it’s his ability after all. Tango naman ang naisagot ng iba na tila nahimasmasan din sa sagot ko.

“Everyone listen, If you want to enhance your abilities please don’t just chill and go easy on me,” pagtawag pansin ko sakanila.

“ And of course try to decipline yourself, you all witness what could emotions can drive us too when all of you burst earlier because of surprise and anger, know that your words and actions have consequences, you can hurt someone by a mere gesture. Always remember that,” I added, although I have that genuine smile plastered on my face, I know that they sensed my seriousness. They nodded as a response.

“Alright that’s all for today, I readied your snacks, hapon na pero hindi pa kayo nanananghalian eat what I prepared first then you can cook after that,” I told them, my smile didn’t banish. Not until I noticed something.

“Guys where’s Datu Pula?” I asked stopping them on their track. Now all confused gazes are on me, so I guess, I need to elaborate.

“ Levis Pendelton, I mean,” I explained and now it’s my turn to be confuse dahil halos lahat sila ay nakangisi na sa akin.

“I didn’t know your that concern to our brother,” malisyosong ani Lee. Crap, here we go again.

“Ugh I should go get first aid kit, I’ll clean your wounds and maybe your brains to, you always give malice to everything,” I told them at nauna nang pumasok sa palasyo and because of that ay mas lalo lang nila akong tinukso.