Chapter 14: Soaking Wet

A/N: Song, Be Your Everything by Boys Like Girls

I was strolling at the third floor of the palace when I heard a familiar, deep and sensuous voice singing with the accompaniment of the strums of a guitar. He was a guy whom you can barely see any emotions displayed on his face, a guy that's synonymous to the word void but I guess at this moment, it is different sapagkat kahit ilang metro pa ang layo ko sa pinangagalingan ng boses niya ay dinig na dinig ko pa rin ang emosyong bumabalot dito. That sound coming out from his throat sounds euphonious that even the world's best singer would envy him.

Hindi ko alam ngunit and kinakanta niya at ang mga emosyong maririnig mo mula sa kanya ay tila may ipinapahiwatig ngunit hindi ko magawang magtanong dahil takot ako, takot akong may manariwang sugat at may maungkat na mapait na nakaraan. I don't know but I have this feeling that I don't want to hurt this man, I mean all of them.

I don't want them to feel pain and to suffer again and again as much as possible. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang eksaktong rason ko ngunit ayaw ko ng madagdagan pa ang masalimuot na nakaraang napagdaanan nila, maybe because we're the same, we are suffering, or maybe because for some reason I felt that we are connected with each other. I sighed heavily before entering the music room where I found the back of an Indigo haired guy. From where I am standing my nose can detect his sandalwood scent.

Tumikhim ako para maipaalam ang aking presensya bago tuluyang pumasok sa kwarto dala-dala ang first aid kit na kanina ko pa bitbit.

"You let me finish the song first before entering, huh?" He uttered but I just shrugged it off.

" You noticed?" I asked back.

" You've been watching my back, hard, who would not?" He told me with his 'a matter of fact tone' then he smirked.

Kumuha ako ng isang monobloc chair mula sa gilid at iniharap ko iyon sakanya. I sat on the chair and started cleaning the scratches and other not so severe wounds all around his body.

"Tss ba't ba kasi hindi kayo nag-iingat?" Asik ko para maiba ang usapan,  sinamaan naman niya ako ng tingin.  "What!?" Untag ko.

"Seriously? Do you know why we got these scratches?" He asked still throwing me dagger stares.

"Of course,  flying blades and giant axes, hanging large stones that's moving back and forth, venomous snakes and etc., " I shrugged at napaawang naman ang labi nito.

"Exactly!" He pointed out, emotions on his face are now nowhere to be found. "We're careful but the traps made it impossible for us not to have this scratches," pagtatanggol niya sa sarili at sa mga kaibigan but I just rolled my eyes as I responded.

" What do you do for living?" I asked him seriously at naguguluhan naman niya akong tiningnan ngunit kalauna'y sumagot din naman.

"I'm an engineer," he answered me after a long silence.

"Oh but you didn't notice that there are other ways than the one you took?" I questioned him with a smirk, but he gave me a smirk more sardonic than mine.

"Of course I did, actually we did, sa haba ba naman ng lupaing pinasok namin," he took a pause to smirk at me even more. " But we've decided to follow the track you gave, after all no one will grow if we continue choosing the easiest way, " Ivan added, that made my lips curve into a real smile.

I wanted to congratulate them for being this deep. That is one of my silent objectives for this task, actually the most important one. To see how smart they are and I guess my question was now answered. I don't need to worry that much anymore, after all the blood that's running on their veins, are the bloods of the former rainbow controllers.