Chapter 1: Recap

Hi! Its me, Kathy, again

Hi! Its me, Kathy, again. Back to tell you another one of my adventures! After the whole thing that happened between Xehanort and my friends, Terra, Aqua, and Ventus. Terra had been possessed by Xehanort, Ventus's heart had fled to safety inside of a little four year old's heart and Aqua fell into the realm of darkness, I went heart searching for my friends after I learned of their fates. I knew there had to be something I could do!

I may not have mentioned my new power, which I discovered after Aqua left to go find Terra. She told me to stay with Master Yen Sid at the tower while she went looking for Terra, and found a safe hiding spot for Ven. I stayed behind, of course, but when I fell asleep later that night I discovered my new power, which I called heart searching.

This power allows me to visit and communicate with the hearts of those close to me. Thus how I learned where my friends were and what happened to them, by visiting their hearts.

The way I visit my friends is by choosing one of the paths of light which will appear every time I make a new connection or link. Some of the paths are darker than others because that person is either closely connected to the darkness or their heart has a large amount of darkness. For instance, Ven's path is the brightest, because he has not been touched by darkness. Thanks to Xehanort removing his darkness by forming Vanitas. However the paths to Terra and Aqua's hearts are both pretty dark, but I think Terra's is darker because he holds two hearts. One of which is basically complete darkness, that would be Xehanort's heart. How one man can have so much darkness and still exist I'll never know. Cause I don't want to have any conversations with him, after what he did to my friends!

So, what the place looks like is, well. Mostly darkness, except for the faint light coming from the paths that lead to the hearts of those I am connected too. There were originally only 3 paths, but shortly after I had visited each path three more appeared. It took me awhile to figure out where they led to, and in time I will tell you where they led.

Anyway, here's where the story begins. I had just finished visiting Terra for the 12th time, when I realized I hadn't seen Aqua in awhile. So I started down her path which had gotten noticeably darker over time.

A/n - Due to the fact that Kathy is heart searching, she is technically asleep, so Kathy does not know how much time has passed in the other worlds. She doesn't know that its been 10 years since she and her friends disappeared.

As I walked along the path that led to Aqua's heart I felt the world around me start to spin.

'What's going on?' I thought, 'This has never happened before!'

As the whole 'room' shook, I started feeling dizzy, so I closed my eyes. When I opened them I was surprised to see a blinding light flood my vision. Before I opened my eyes completely I heard voices. Voices that sounded strangely familiar, only much older then the last time I heard them...

 Voices that sounded strangely familiar, only much older then the last time I heard them

Author - image above is of Kathy's keyblade, Destiny's Shadow. I created it myself, with a helpful drawing from my friend Zexion6 over on quotev!