Chapter 2: Destiny Trio

Kathy's P.O.V.

"Are you sure she's even alive?" A very energetic voice asked.

I could tell from the sounds around me that who ever was talking was bouncing around the room.

"Yes, I'm sure she's alive, Sora." A second much calmer and closer voice responded.

Sora. So that must be the name of the first voice I heard. Why does that seem so familiar?

"Well, she's not moving so she must be dead," Sora concluded

"She's not, I'm sure I felt a pulse!" The second voice argued.

Wait are they taking about me?

A small groan escaped my lips.

"Did you hear that? Look she's moving!" Sora exclaimed excitedly

"Woah, calm down, Sora. See I told you she wasn't dead!" The second voice interrupted,

I opened my eyes to see a boy with silver hair sitting next to me. I noticed he was looking rather proud of himself while glaring across the room at another boy. This one had long spiky brown hair and seemed to be absolutely brimming with energy.

"Hey, you ok?" Sora asked me.

I just sat there and stared at him for a minute before sitting up. "Yeah, I think so. What happened? Where am I? What time is it?"

"Slow down there! How bout we start by making introductions," The silver haired boy interjected before I could ask anymore questions.

"Ok, my name's Kathy. What yours?" I asked.

"Nice to meet you Kathy, I'm Sora!" Sora introduced himself while bouncing from one side of me to the other.

"I'm Riku," the silver haired boy told me, "and in answer to your first question you're on Destiny Islands."

"Destiny Island!" I nearly screamed, "how did I get here?" I wondered softly

More importantly how long have I been asleep?! I remember when I first saw Sora and Riku. It was when I came here with Terra. Riku was five and Sora was four. Right now, Riku seems to be around my age, and I'm fifteen so at would make it 10 years since I fell asleep!

"Oh my gosh!" I exclaimed, suddenly realizing just how long it's been since I had last been awake, "wait, how old are you, Riku?" I asked.

"I'm fifteen, Sora's fourteen." He explained, "why do you ask?"

"10 years. I've been asleep for ten years!" I exclaimed, still in shock over how long I'd slept.

I guess Aqua and Terra were right after all! I really can sleep for years on end if not woken up! I wonder if Ven's awake yet?

"Are you ok?" Sora asked, looking at me curiously before bouncing back up with an idea, "hey Riku, we should take Kathy to meet Kairi and the others!"

"That depends of whether or not Kathy wants to meet more people," Riku reminded him. "So, what do you say Kathy? Want to meet some of our other friends?"

"Sure, I guess." I answered, finally getting over the shock, "wait, who's Kairi?" I asked, remembering that when Terra and I had visited we had only seen Sora and Riku.

"Kairi's one of our other friends!" Sora explained, "she's really nice! You'll love her!"

"We'll see about that." I muttered, but Sora didn't seem to notice.