Chapter 15: The Realm of Darkness

Kathy's P.O.V.

Kathy....

Kathy?

I heard a voice calling out to me, through the darkness. It sounded strangely familiar. As if I'd heard it somewhere before, only a long time ago. But it wasn't as if I'd actually met the person. It was like I knew them, through someone else...

Someone... like Aqua.

"Kathy! Can you hear me?" A second voice called out, "Its me! Aqua."

Wait... Aqua? But isn't she in the Realm of Darkness? I have to be dreaming...

"Kathy! Open your eyes!"

The voice sure sounded like Aqua... Maybe I should take a quick peak, even if this is a dream.

I opened my eyes, and to my surprise I saw Aqua, looking very worried.

"Aqua?" I gasped in surprise,

"Kathy! Your awake!" Aqua laughed, tears pouring from her eyes.

She pulled me into a hug, and cried. Hugging her tightly I felt tears slipping from my eyes as well. I'd finally found Aqua! I'd found one of my old friends!

I heard someone clear their throat and Aqua let me go.

"Oh sorry, Kathy, this is my friend Mickey." she explained,

Turning around I saw a mouse. Somehow, I knew Mickey... I wasn't sure how, or why but his presence felt, familiar.

"Hi Kathy! I'm Mickey Mouse. I'm really happy to meet you!" Mickey said, giving me a hand shake.

"Its nice to meet you to Mickey." I replied, turning back to Aqua asked, "Where are we?"
"We're in the Realm of Darkness." Aqua sighed,

"Oh." I was quiet at that,

"Aqua was helping me search for the keyblade down here." Mickey spoke up.

"The what?"

"You remember how Sora has the Kingdom Key for the Realm of Light, right?" Mickey asked,

"Yes..." I shrugged, I knew Sora had a keyblade, but I just assumed he got it from his connection with Ventus.

"Well, the Realm of Darkness has a keyblade just like it, called the Kingdom Key D." the talking mouse explained.

"Very creative." I muttered,

Aqua smiled at that.

"Mickey found me floating around down here, and asked for my help in finding the key." Aqua explained,

"Can I ask you to help us search for the key too?" Mickey inquired, tuning back to me.

"That depends. What does this keyblade do?" I inquired,

"The Kingdom Key D is needed to close the Door to Darkness." the mouse explained, "Since Sora has the light half, all we have to do is find the other half here in the Realm of Darkness, so we can seal the door."

"Ok. Count me in then." I declared,

"Ok, we'd better get back to searching now." Mickey stated,

I nodded, and the three of us set off in search for the keyblade for the Realm of Darkness.