Chapter 18: Farewell, For Now

Kathy's P.O.V.

I reached the door to darkness about the same time Riku did. So I heard what Donald and Goofy were saying as I approached the door.

"Stop staring and keep pushing!" Donald yelled at Goofy, "Huh?!"

"The Heartless?!" both gasped,

I looked behind me to see a swarm of heartless headed our way, "You've got to be kidding me." I groaned, finally catching up to Riku.

"Hurry!" Donald shouted to Sora, who had his eyes closed and was pulling as hard as he could.

"I can't..." Sora gasped,

"Sora!" I called out, finally arriving at the door breathless,

"Don't give up!" Riku shouted to Sora, arriving at the door seconds before I did, "Come on, Sora! Together, we can do it!"

Wow, when did Riku change? I marveled at my silver haired friend's sudden change of attitude to Sora. What all events transpired in the time that I was gone?

But there was no time to think, the heartless were drawing closer and we still had a massive door to shut!

"It's hopeless!" Donald cried, pushing as hard as he could.

Just then I heard someone else behind me and Donald and Goofy let out a collective gasp.

"Your Majesty!" they called out,

Well, looks like Mickey made it at least.

"Now, Sora! Let's close this door for good!" Mickey shouted,

"Close it, quick!" Donald panicked, looking worriedly

"But..." Sora protested, looking at me, Riku, and the King.

"Don't worry about us Sora, we'll be fine." I assured him,

"but Kathy, Riku..." Sora persisted,

"Don't worry. There will always be a door to the light." I heard Mickey's voice reassure Sora.

"Sora, you can trust King Mickey." Goofy stated,

"Now! They're coming!" Riku spoke hurriedly,

Before we closed the door Mickey had one more thing to say, "Donald, Goofy, thank you." he nodded, holding the Kingdom Key D in the air.

And so with Sora, Donald, and Goofy pushing from one side, and Riku and I pulling on the other side, we closed the door. Before the door closed completely though Riku had one last thing to tell Sora.

"Take care of her." he whispered,

Sora nodded, "You too." he smiled, pointing first to me and then to Riku.

Riku looked confused for a moment before understanding finally dawned in his blue eyes.

I wasn't sure what Sora meant, but I knew that when Riku had told Sora to 'take care of her' he'd meant Kairi. Meaning their fight over her had finally ended, and it was clear who had one. Of course, I had known from the start that Kairi had clearly chosen Sora, it'd just taken Riku awhile to accept that and move on.

Riku pulled me away from the door while Mickey used the Kingdom Key D to seal it on our side, and I knew from the way the door disappeared a few seconds later that Sora had sealed the door on the other side with the Kingdom Key.

Author - I'm dragging this out I know, but I have something really great planned for the final chapter!! (plus I wanted it to hit an even 20 chapters, even if that last chapter is telling you where the next book is and asking for your thoughts on the ending).

But anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to leave a comment!