◈ PROLOGUE ◈

Are you sitting comfortably? Good. When I tell this story, I shall neither pause nor repeat myself, so listen well. And just because you are reading this does not, by any means, give you control. My words are the truth; everything happened the way it did. You cannot change, alter or tamper with what has been. That's the way it works and that's the way it will always work.

I may have also mentioned that I will being telling the story. That's false information. Dead people can't tell tales now, can they? That would be utter balderdash and a miracle in itself. Instead, a cherished friend of my mine will be sharing the tale. He was my only... true friend that didn't take me for granted and was the only man who didn't make prejudice remarks or make a mockery of me. I will be forever grateful for that. Some may call it love, but others say it's true, strong friendship. That's up to you, as the listener and reader, to decide as I have my own views on this that I'd rather keep private...

Our tale, the story of Bletchley Park and its code breakers, will be one of intelligence, hatred, violence, friendship, love and loss. It's all well and good listing these themes, but have you experienced them for real? You'll never truly know until everything is gone and you've lost it all. That's when the pain kicks in.

Well, that's enough about that. You're probably wondering why I am rambling on about nonsense. Well, it isn't nonsense and you would be blind to think so. But, of course, I will have no further input until history unravels itself.

Please make sure that you do listen as important details can be missed quite easily and events usually take place quickly. Especially those involved in war. Typically a blur or flash, so pay attention, unless you are not interested. Then, I suggest you leave immediately.

Patience is the key. Tales are to be listened to, processed into the brain and then remembered, so its legacy can live on. And I do hope this particular one will be remembered for countless years to come.

This is the story of a Man and His Enigma...