Prologue

JISOO

"Yah!" A slap on my shoulder spat the hell out of me, making me back on my senses.

"Ah-Yah, Jennie that's hurt!" I glared at my bestfriend which I only got an eye roll as the response.

"You are spacing out!" She glared back.

"Oh..sorry, where we are again?" I tried not to shutter to hide my embarrassment, her face soften.

"Lisa called and said, you have a meeting at 3 p.m with Mr. Park" my face went sour because of the mentioned name. That old man again, who keep bugging me to marry his son, Park Jinyoung.

"Tell me it's not about the marriage again" I stare at her, she smiled and shook his head.

"It is" she teased, ah this kid. I massage my temples.

"Then the answer is the same, No." I blankly saith and leaned back on my swivel chair as I started to type on my laptop.

"I know" she giggled, "But I'm curious Chu, why?" She suddenly ask, I turned my gaze up to her and lightly push my glasses on the bridge of my nose, I raised an eyebrow.

"What, why?" I ask back, she stare at me then she sighed after crossing her legs as she place her hand on her knee, leaning on her seat.

"Why won't you accept the offer?" She said

"Are you insane?" I asked her in disbelief, she chuckled.

"I'm not, just stating the best for you and him" she meaningly says. I rolled my eyes as she continues.

"Well-Jinyoung is a great and nice guy, have the money, face , popularity-"

"I'm not interested, Jen" I cut her off.

"Why? Still caged from the past?" she stare at me but I look away.

"I'm n-not, nevertheless I have my own, I can provide five times greater than he can" I said.

"Alright "South Korea's Richiest Heir" she teased, I groan in annoyance.

"I heard my cousin is in New York today?" I change the topic to her. She smiled.

"He is, my god I almost forgot my Nini is there, you made me sad Chu"

"Well-"

"- you have to come with us in the club later" she continues.

"I rather call Kai to come back here than go clubbing with the three little bit-"

"Make some noise people!" Lisa's childish voice was heard as we heard giggles from the blonde behind her.

"Speaking of the bitches" I crunched my face, geez I just want some peace at once.

They all laughed seeing my annoyed face, Lisa then smirked.

"That's us" she proudly said, I sighed "So...clubbing later?" She said, sitting comfortly beside the two.

"I'll pass, I have dinner with my parents and their business partners later" I refuse.

"Oh, I remember you are pain in ass, the last time we went clubbing. Weak CEO." Lisa teased.

"How come I become a pain in ass, I didn't do anything, I was wasted" I defended myself. They all laughed looks like they remembered something I didn't.

"Didn't do anything my ass" Jennie mocked "Then explain to us why when a guy ask your name-" she stiffle a laugh as she continues. "You answered, "Korea's Richiest Heir, google it bitch"