Chapter 3

August~
I wasn't fully asleep when I felt Courtney came off the bed. I wanted to see what she was doing but if I shift she would know I'm not asleep. I waited for about 5 minutes then slowly turn around to see that Courtney was not in the room. I slowly got out of the bed and looked at the clock on the night table "What the fuck, it's 2:00am. Why is Courtney up at 2:00am," T whispered to myself. I walked out the room and to the kitchen where she wouldn't see me and there I saw Courtney on the balcony. She was on the floor in pain but I saw something like a spliff in her hand. I walked a little closer only to see blood on her pink PJ shorts and tears pouring from her eyes. I was shocked, I wanted to go to her but it's like I was stuck.

Courtney~
"Good morning August" I said in pain.
"Good morning Courtney, why is your face like this?"
"What are you talking about August?"
"Your face doesn't look like the Courtney I know"
"Ok then August how do I look?"
"Ok Co, I've never seen you like this, your eyes are red and low, just to say it plain you look like high and look like your in pain"
"Ok, then August maybe I'm in pain!!!!!!"
"What is wrong" I asked her quickly.
"Nothing" I said in return.
August took a glass plate from the cupboard and then slammed it on the kitchen counter and I jumped.
"Courtney don't try to fool a nigga like me, if nothing is wrong with you, why were you up 2:00am on the balcony bloody, in pain and crying?"
I was so shocked I covered my face in shame and went to my room.
"Courtney I'm sorr-"
He ran to my room but the door was closed. He started banging down the door.
"Leave me alone August" I shouted from inside my room.
"Co please don't do this to me." He shouted back
"Aug I think it's time that you leave."
The banging on my room door stopped. My phone phone started to ring.
"Hello, August why are you calling me?"
"I am calling you because, I care about you and would like to talk to you, so please could you open your room door."
"Ok fine." I opened my room door and saw August looking me up and down. I went to sit on my bed. And August followed behind me.
"Courtney-" August said looking in my red low eyes.
"Ok fine, I smoke weed" I admitted to him.
"And-"
"That's it"
"Nope that's not all, And you know it so Courtney please tell me the rest."
"I'm feeling some really terrible pains in my tummy which seems unbearable, to ease the pain, I smoke, and get high"
"So what are you trying to say, you're pregnant or something like that.?" He asked
"No I'm on my period" As I said this I placed my head on my lap. August started to rub my back.
"What are you being ashamed for Courtney, I'm your best friend, you know you can trust me, and I would never hurt you, there is nothing wrong with having your period, it's natural, and your feminine."
I felt his hand shift from my back. He moved it down to my side then to my tummy rubbing it.