6. boyfriend

Trigger warning:
Strong language, mature themes like bullying, and infidelity.

Readers discretion is advised.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

I'm a motherfuckin' train wreck

▪︎▪︎▪︎

"Mom, don't you know that Horus was being bullied by his classmates?"

Eto agad ang bungad na kompronta ni Colleen sa ina pagkauwi niya ng UK. Her career and business were blooming and she wanted to share the good news to her family.

Pero hindi niya alam na siya pala yung ma susurprisa matapos makita ang ilang pasa sa mukha ng nakababatang kapatid.

Eris sigh while giving Colleen a sad smile, "Yes. I know. The principal called me this morning."

"And then, what happened?"

Nagusot ang mukha ni Colleen ng makita ang mahinang pag-iling ng ina.

"We don't have any direct evidence na magtuturo sa mga bullies niya para maparushan sila ng school-"

"What? What no evidence?! Isn't it enough that Horus has bruises all over his face right now?! What kind of bullshit are they saying?!"

"Colleen..."

"I'll call my lawyer and I'll make sure to punish those kids who hurt my brother!"

"Colleen!" Agad na natahimik si Colleen sa malakas na sigaw ng kanilang ina. "Listen to me, baby. We don't have any evidence right now and Horus told me that he doesn't want you to meddle in his issue."

"Why?"

"He's afraid that he'll ruin your reputation. So your father and I decided to just transfer him to another school."

"I don't care about my reputation! I just wanted to help him out and it's my job as his sister! And why would you send him to another school? What about his bullies?"

"Colleen, please..."

"Mom! What the bloody hell are you saying?! We will just let those bullies run loose after what they have done to my brother? What the fuck!"

Hindi nakasagot si Eris sa sunod-sunod na tanong ni Colleen kaya mas lalong nag ngitngit ang loob ng dalaga.

"Colleen, baby, please try to understand our decision."

"Then give me a valid explanation on why are we the ones who were running away like a damn coward!"

Hindi umimik si Eris kaya napangiti siya ng mapakla.

"Figures. You won't fight for the rights of your legitimate son but you keep on begging those criminals about the custody of that fucking Odin Zafeiriou."

Nang-uuyam na anas niya sa ina.

"Colleen! Watch your language! I am still your mother and Odin is your sister! Bali-baliktarin man ang mundo, kapatid mo pa rin ang babaeng kinasusuklaman mo."

"And I won't accept it. Never. You know what mom, I really can't understand you. Why are you still hoping for that child to be alive? That child was a mistake, a child born because of his father's sin. And now she's dead. She's long dead and all bones!"