23. Save Your Tears

I couldn't help it, I put you through hell

▪︎▪︎▪︎

I'm afraid that the gifts bestowed
to me by my senses will one day drown me, warm me, and take me away.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

Third Person

"Lieutenant!"

Kunot-noong tinignan ni Ronaldo ang head NUP (none uniformed personnel) ng basta-basta nalang itong pumasok sa opisina niya ng walang pahintulot.

"May dapat ka na makita, Lieutenant!"

He frowned his eyebrows as he slowly put down the several documents that he was going through these past few days.

"Ano?"

Rather than providing an answer, the NUP quickly operated the remote and switched the giant TV mounted on one of the walls instead.

A breaking news piece immediately came up on the screen.

[Yes, it has been confirmed just now in the live one-on-one interview hosted by the famous TV host— Martha Casiño this morning. That the famous pop star singer and businesswoman, Iah Colleen Sinclair Grande is indeed in a happy relationship with her non-showbiz girlfriend, Police Major Indigo Marudo].

The reporter's excited voice easily conveyed the current atmosphere of his office. Ronaldo had been listening disinterestedly, pero nang marinig niya ang pangalan ng panganay na anak, he was taken greatly by surprised.

Mabilis na lumipad ang mata niya sa harapan. Indigo and Colleen's stolen pictures filled up the gigantic TV screen, and after that, short video clips of Colleen from the recent interview flashed by.

["Indigo was the first person to see something special in me, not sure would have seen it if she hadn't. Even when I'm at my worst, she always makes me feel special. My only motivation is her. She's all that I need in this world and I will not break up with her just because we're both women. I really don't care about anyone's opinion."]

Iyon ang madamdaming pahayag ni Colleen. Nakangiti ito habang kaharap ang TV host na si Martha na wari mo'y tinutula nito ang pagmamahal na nararamdaman kay Indigo gamit ang matatamis na salita.

Ronaldo's expression hardened as he slowly shook his head in disbelief.

"Labas."

"Po, Lieutenant?"

"Lumabas ka na muna," Ronaldo then raised his head to meet the eyes of the head NUP. "I got some important things to do right now."

"Ah," the head NUP nods his head, unsure. "Papatayin ko po ba 'yung TV—"

"I said get out."

"Yes, Lieutenant!"

Pagkatapos maiwan ni Ronaldo sa loob ng opisina, huminga muna siya ng malalim bago nag desisyon na pindutin ang telepono na nasa ibabaw ng mesa.

"Oh! Kumpadre! Napatawag ka? Did something urgent happened?" Ito ang maligalig na bati sakanya ni Edmund sa kabilang linya.

It was his Kumpadre, Mr. Edmund Distor, the newly appointed OIC of the National Bureau of Investigation. Prior to his new assignment, Distor served as NBI assistant director for intelligence service, responsible for handling and solving major high-profile cases that are in the interest of the nation.