ʚɞ˚CHAPTER 29˚ʚɞ

a lot of people wanted me to switch povs so this is written from Nathan's pov! it's also the last chapter of the first part of the story <3

-unedited-

NATHAN'S POV

"You need to talk to him!" Drake huffed out, looking as adorable as ever. Minus the fact that he was laying in a hospital bed because I couldn't save him.

I sighed as I registered his words. He wanted me to talk to Finn—that white boy who shoved himself into our lives. We were fine without him, we didn't need him, yet he still came and Drake just had to get involved with him. Because Adam and I weren't enough. It was a simpleminded move, very uncharacteristic of Drake. So stupid.

"Now, why would I do that?" I asked, narrowing my eyes subconsciously, a habit I picked up when I was a kid.

"Why?" Drake yelled out in disbelief. "Why?"

When he didn't continue yelling, I nodded. "Yeah...why? It was just a push, and it happened weeks ago. I'm surprised he still remembers." That was a lie. The last part. Though, part of me was shocked. It just made me feel...I don't know. Not good emotions.

Drake groaned. "Nathan, I love you, but you can be so stupid sometimes. Of course he remembers how you hit—"

"Pushed."

"—him!" he continued on. He took a deep breath in then let it out. "Nathan, what you did was wrong. It doesn't matter how long ago you did it because you still did it, and you haven't even apologized. I'm just asking you to go talk to Finn, please? How do you expect him to join our relationship when you won't even apologize for that?"

I sucked a breath in, not replying just yet. How did I expect him to get with us without apologizing? The truth was, I didn't expect him to like us in the first place. I thought he'd automatically reject us as soon as we told him our feelings. How was I supposed to know that he didn't hate us for some unnatural reason?

"He'll get over it," I firmly replied. "It doesn't matter. I'm not going to embarrass myself because I'm desperate for his forgiveness."

Drake frowned. "Where is all of this coming from? Take your pride, and shove it up your fucking ass. If you don't want to be with Finn, just say that! You don't have to pretend you do just for me. You already know that I can be with him while I'm with you."

"Then why the hell would you stay with me? You might as well just break up with me and stay with Adam and Finn! Doesn't seem like either of you need—want me anymore." I cursed at myself when my voice cracked in the middle of my sentence. I can't show emotions, though. Can't make myself vulnerable.

Drake seemed shocked at my words, his once-happy eyes were wide and his jaw dropped open. And then he did it. He made that face that just showed how much pain he was in, and this time, it was because of me. Because I couldn't become the person he wanted.

I didn't like Finn. Not like that. Yeah, he was cute, and yeah, he sometimes was amusing. But I don't want to be in a relationship with him. I'm fine with just Drake and Adam, although now, I lost both of them too.

"Are you...are you breaking up with me? Seriously, Nathan? I'm on a hospital bed for God's sake!" he cried out, eyes pleading for something I couldn't give him.

I shook my head, blinking away my tears. "I'm sorry—I'm so sorry. For not being able to save you, for not being what you want or wanted. I think..." I let out a breath. "I should go now." I shook my head, attempting to clear my thoughts. "Goodbye, Drake," I said as I turned to exit the room. I paused at the door, hoping he'd call me back, ask me to stay with him.

But he stayed quiet, and I knew that it was my time to go. To move on. To move out.

And to think this all happened because I wouldn't apologize to Finn?

I heard a laugh and turned around to see who it was before I realized it was me. I began laughing and laughing, receiving pitiful looks from people in the hospital, before I finally broke down, sobbing with tears escaping my eyes.

Don't show emotion. Don't show emotion. It was meant to happen, the time just came. Don't show emotion, Nathan.

There was only one thing left to do,

one final goodbye I had to say.

To myself.

ʚɞ˚︵‿︵‿︵‿︵˚ʚɞ

Author's Note:

update: this chapter has me cringing omg. i am so sorry dear readers, i swear in the updated version you'll actually feel sum sjsjdjdjs

anyway, that marks the end of PART ONE. continue onto the next part for more information

just a reminder that i freakin' appreciate you taking time out of your day (or night) to read this story!! that's amazing and i'm so fucking grateful. thank you for all the reads, votes, and comments!

remember, this is NOT the end.