Three~ 'Explainations'

{At Snowchester}

The family walk into their mansion, the tallest carrying the pink-haired teen on their back as they quickly make their to a spare bedroom.

They lay the piglin-hybrid on the bed as she stirs, slowly waking up from her trip here. She looks around before her eyes widen, she immediately turns on her side, propping herself up on her arm, and starts coughing up blood in violent motions.

Niki immediately rushes to go grab a towel from a nearby storage closet and bring it to the girl, who in turn holds to towel to her mouth as she continues the coughing fit for another 15 minutes.

The group, obviously concerned, tries to do something for the one who is in obvious pain. Tubbo had left for a moment to go put away his and Ranboo's things from their trip but he comes back just in time to see his child holding Ranboo back from giving the girl another golden apple, yelling something in piglin.

Niki was gently rubbing the girl's back, keeping her long hair out of her face. She had a concerned look on her face but didn't say anything yet.

The girl held a hand up as the coughing died down and immediately everyone stilled as Michael run to the edge of the bed to look up at her.

"I'm fine." She said, gently patting the child's head and he immediately brightened up, a smile prominent. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed the woman sign in relief.

"What just happened?" Tubbo questioned, probably the most confused out of everyone.

"The aftermath of the golden apple and healing potions. I'm technically an undead mob after all." She groaned sitting up straight and pulling her knees to her chest. "I don't know why, but all healing items that would usually harm me help in the moment, but there's always a draw back a few hours later."

"Then would you need harming potions?" Niki asked, tilting her head slightly as she tried to work that information through her head.

"No, harming potions have the opposite affect. They'll hurt me immediately as I take it and by the time it does any healing, it's really only healing the damage it cause, rendering them useless to me. At least healing items help." She said, letting Michael crawl into her lap to hug her.

"Michael seems to have taken a liking to you." Ranboo spoke, trying to change the subject as they sat on the edge of the bed.

"Probably finds comfort in another zombified-piglin." She hummed, looking at Michael as if he were her little brother.

"You said your name was Maeve, right?" Tubbo asked, stepping away from the door frame he was leaning against. "It means warrior, it's fitting."

"Yeah, I'd say so. I come from a long line of fighters and warriors, my dad was by far the best though." She giggled, her mood obviously lifting.

"Oh really?" Tubbo questioned, rather surprised considering he also came from a family of great fighters, even if he was adopted.

"Yeah, I really miss my family." She hummed, giving a soft smile as she looked down at the necklace that was securely placed around her neck.

"Is that a gift from your father?" Niki asked, noticing the crystalized feather, causing the Maeve to quickly look up.

"Oh, no this is from my uncle and aunt. This bracelet is from my other uncle, Pete, he gave me this bracelet. It's a compass that's supposed to lead to my dad's crown, which he always keeps on him, but it doesn't work in the nether and it broke from a fight with hoglins a while back." Maeve said with a frown.

Niki looked at the compass and her eyes lit up.

"I know someone who might be able to fix that, if you're willing to of course." Niki spoke up.

"Are you sure? Uncle Pete said that it took complex materials."

Niki only nodded and gave a soft smile as Maeve took off the bracelet and handed it to the older woman.

"I'll be back as quick as I can with it, but it might take a few days." Niki said as she slowly stood up and left the room.

[In the Nether]

A man can be seen walking away from a bastion he was nearly trapped in, smirking to himself as he had just made the best deal of his life.

"That bastard will pay... He'll get exactly what he deserves." The man muttered to himself as he walked towards the portal he had entered through.

Slow maniacal laughter filtered through his ragged breaths, speeding up as he stopped walking, sounds ringing out through the heat of the nether.

[In the Arctic]

Niki entered through the fence of her friends' home, humming at the welcoming atmosphere of the snowy landscape and small cabins.

She walked around, not seeing either occupants of the homes until she got around the bee farm and saw a man with sleek black wings and a bucket hat feeding the cows in the cow farm.

"Hello Phil." She greeted from behind him.

The blonde male turned around and offered a soft smile.

"Hello Niki, what brings you here?"

"I wanted to see if you could fix this compass, it was apparently smashed by a hoglin in the nether."

Niki handed the compass over to Phil who inspected it for a second and then froze.

"Niki... Where did you find this?" He asked, his voice slightly shaking as he held the bracelet.

Niki tilted her head slightly and gave him a confused look.

"Tubbo and Ranboo rescued this girl from the nether. She said that it was broken from a fight with hoglins a while back." Niki answered.

"Did... Did she happen to say her name or how she got it?" Phil asked once again.

"She said her name is Maeve and she got the compass from her Uncle, Pete. It was apparently made to track her father but it didn't work in the nether. I wanted to fix it so we could hopefully find her family. Are you okay?" Niki answered, growing more concerned for her friend.

"Yeah... Yeah I can fix it. Actually this can be fixed right now. Afterwards I want you to take me to Maeve." He said, leaving no room for objection as he walked towards his house.

Niki merely nodded as she followed Phil inside, watching as he placed the compass on an anvil and pulled some materials out of his ender chest.

After about 20 minutes, he put away all the leftover materials, stepping towards Niki with the now working compass.

"Now take me to her." He said, holding up the perfectly working compass