Four ~ 'Together'

{In Snowchester}

"Can we explore? I saw a little bit on the walk here but I was tired so I fell back asleep." Maeve asked with hopeful eyes.

This caused Michael to also look up with bright, curious eyes. It was evident he wanted to come as well.

Tubbo and Ranboo both took a look at each other before sighing and agreeing to their request and the two kids both cheer.

Maeve stood up and grabbed her boots, putting on the left one before checking for her dagger in the hidden compartment of her right boot, humming softly to herself and putting the boot on when she felt the dagger sitting comfortably where it won't interfere but will remind her that it's always there.

"But you two have to stay right next to each other and one of us has to be with you at all times." Tubbo said, arms crossed like a protective father.

Ranboo set a hand on the other's shoulder and nodded to the kids. "Let's go you two, there's so much to see."

Maeve took ahold of Michael's hand and followed Ranboo out of the house.

"Wait Maeve-" Tubbo tried to call out, remembering that Maeve lived in the nether and they lived in the snow.

But Maeve didn't even flinch when walking out the door, in fact she relaxed slightly and gave a soft smile as she looked around.

Nobody questioned anything, not wanting to ruin the moment as they led the two children out of Snowchester.

Walking down the prime path, heading towards the community house, a man could be seen walking down from the nether portal in overalls and a beanie.

Tubbo and Ranboo apparently didn't notice the man, but both Maeve and Michael were apprehensive as they didn't recognize the stranger.

Upon approaching the community house, the man walks up to them and Ranboo and Tubbo freeze at the sight of them.

"Quackity..." Tubbo muttered under his breath.

But Quackity wasn't looking at him. No he was looking at the two children, making them uncomfortable.

"Two zombified piglins?" He scoffed before stepping forward and grabbing ahold of Maeve's arm that wasn't holding Michael's hand.

"You don't deserve children." Quackity growled out, trying to pull the two away.

Before either Ranboo or Tubbo could do anything, Maeve quickly let's go of Michael's hand, reaches her hand down to her boot, jerks her arm out of his grasp, and swings her hand up, a dagger now in her hand that cleanly sliced through Quackity's skin, all the way through the palm of his hand, sticking out the other side.

Quackity cries out in pain as he falls to his knees, clutching his hand where the dagger had just been pulled out, blood cascading down his arms.

"You psycho!" He called out, looking towards the girl who was simply wiping off the blood with a red-stained cloth that was in a pocket on her pants.

She hummed and looked up, locking eyes with the man and glared at him.

"Next time, don't touch me." She growled out, a dangerous look in her eyes that felt familiar to everyone.

Quackity's pained shout had alerted a group of people nearby. The people immediately rushed over and their eyes widened.

"Quackity! What the hell happened?" A creeper hybrid asked as he and a fox hybrid helped Quackity up.

The fox gasped as he noticed the duck's hand, pulling his hand away from Quackity's chest to examine it.

"That- That crazy child stabbed me!" Quackity yelled as he pointed at Maeve with his uninjured hand.

"Again, you shouldn't have touched me." She huffed, sliding the knife back into her boot and taking Michael's hand again.

"Quackity, what the fuck!?" Tubbo yelled after he snapped out of his shock and stepped in front of the two kids along with Ranboo.

"Whoah, somebody explain what's happening. Who's that child?" The creeper asked, pointing the girl who had supposedly stabbed his friend.

"Maeve from Antarctic Empire!" A slime person had yelled from behind everyone, moving towards the children.

"Charlie!" Maeve yelled as she hugged the large blob of slime.

"You two know each other?" Ranboo asked as Charlie and Maeve pulled away from each other.

"Mhm! We were good friends before the big blast!" Charlie said, making an explosion with his hand as he said 'blast'.

"Blast? Charlie, what blast?" Maeve asked, giving the slime a skeptical look.

"Oh! The blast that your father caused! Yeah, he pressed a button and Antarctic Empire went 'BOOM'." Charlie said, which caused the piglin hybrid to take a step back.

"Wh-what? No, Papa wouldn't blow up the nation he built." Maeve said, though she sounded very unsure of herself.

"Hm? Oh yeah, it was very pretty too! Though I'm pretty sure not everything went as planned." Charlie said as he thought back. Before Maeve could say anything else, another voice spoke up.

"Well, what do we have here!" The voice called out, the sound of hand clapping together behind them. "Have a little injury there, don't you Quackity."

"Wilbur..." Quackity growled as the fox tensed but continued to wrap Quackity's hand in bandages.

"Oh come on, don't sound so...." Wilbur started but trailed off as Ranboo, Tubbo, and the two kids turned around, locking eyes with Maeve and both of their eyes widened.

"Wilbur?" The girl asked in a quiet voice, causing everyone's eyes to widen slightly except for the two and Charlie.

"Eira..." Wilbur muttered, which cause everything to spring into time as Maeve dashed towards Wilbur, who fell to his knees, and they crashed onto the grass as they hugged each other.

Everyone besides Charlie was very confused as they made a semi-circle around the two and the blonde who was with Wilbur, stepped towards Tubbo and Ranboo.

"I- I thought you were dead.." Wilbur said, which surprised the majority even more as they hadn't ever seen the brunette like this.

"I- I thought you were dead, I never thought I was gonna get out of the nether." Maeve stuttered as she buried he head into Wilbur's chest as they both cried.

"I'm sorry, someone care to explain what is happening here." A voice spoke up, the blonde that had previously been stood next to Wilbur.

"Charlie?" Quackity asked, seeing as the slime obviously knew the girl.

"Hm? Oh! Yeah, they're cousins! It's been, what 30 years since they've seen each other?" Charlie said, thinking out loud.

"30 years?!" Maeve yelled out in surprise as she stood up quickly, Wilbur following her. She looked back at him and her eyes widened. "Oh, you do look old."

"Hey! Wait, yeah it's been over 30 years, how are you.... Zombified..." Wilbur suddenly said with a sign as he noticed the patches of bone that were visible through her skin.

"Yeah... 2 years after Uncle Pete pushed me through the nether and then the portal blew up." She sighed, a frown on her face.

"So that's what happened...." Wilbur muttered before his eyes lit up as he realized something. "Wait. You're still... alive? Doesn't matter, we have to go see Phil!"

"Wait, Uncle Phil is still alive? That old man? Didn't think it was possible!" She joked, causing Wilbur to laugh.

"That's not funny." A voice said from behind them.