1 | eleven heys

a/n: this story is the sequel to Taken. if you have not read that, please do before reading this story. you'll be hella confused if you don't. enjoy! <3

-

"you should come with me," mia said, popping yet another rubber band in attempt to put her thick red hair into a messy bun. what she has against scrunchies? the world may never know.

"um let me think about it.. no," i said, plopping on the bed.

"g come on! didn't you say you threw parties back when you lived in louisiana? why wouldn't you wanna come to the grammy's after party?!" mia exclaimed, finally succeeding her messy bun.

"and be around a bunch of celebrities who look like they belong while i'm just there looking like a fish? no thank you" i said.

"gianna. i don't know how many times i have to remind you that you're literally a back up dancer for justin fucking bieber," mia started. "on top of that you just got off of a 4 month tour with him where you met many celebrities," she finished, looking at me like i'm crazy.

"thanks mia i'm well aware of our job," i laughed, emphasizing that we have the same job. she always feels the need to remind me what we do for work because sometimes it feels so surreal to even believe.

"i'm just saying you've been to plenty celeb parties. why not this one?" she asked with her hands out.

"those were all lowkey, this is the grammy's we're talking about here," i explained.

"g what's the real reason?" she tilted her head.

i squinted my eyes. "i just told you."

"oh i think i know," she smirked walking over to me.

i looked up at her in annoyance. "don't you dare."

"cause of-"

"cause of who mia?" i snapped.

"sorry i didn't know she was a sensitive subject still," she apologized.

"she's not but that's not my reason for not wanting to go," i said.

"then what is it?" she asked with her eyebrows raised. "because the gianna i know would never turn down an invite to a huge party."

i just looked at her with a straight face then looked back the tv.

"great so you're coming! let's go find you something to wear!" she said pulling me off the bed.

"and you expect to find me something to wear when the party is literally tonight?" i asked her like she was an idiot. because she is.

"i might've already ordered some options for us," she looked off.

"mia! you planned this?" i fussed.

"ask me again tomorrow when you're suffering from a hangover," she laughed. "come on!"

-

we had the grammys playing in the background while we were putting on makeup for the party.

"ariana won it? yes! omg she deserved that shit forreal!" i exclaimed, twirling the curling iron in my hair.

"that's the last award so we should be leaving soon. i'll order an uber," mia said walking out of the bathroom. "we'll need it since we're drinking tonight."

"why do i feel so sick in my stomach right now?" i asked walking out of the bathroom, holding my stomach.

"it's called anxiety hun. clearly you're nervous for tonight," mia chuckled.