19 | she doesn't know

"i can't wait til i'm out of this shit," i groaned, rolling myself into the living room.

"um you got awhile g," sierra laughed.

"at least you'll be out in time for coachella," london shrugged.

"yeah true but fuck that's so far away," i complained.

"hush and eat," sophie laughed, bringing me a plate of breakfast they cooked for me.

"wow i'm so happy y'all were able to still be friends even after breaking up," i told sophie and kendal, making everyone laugh.

"shut up," kendal started. "what is billie gonna do after we leave?"

"um drew's gonna be coming over to be with me whenever billie can't," i nodded.

"so.. billie's cool with you being alone with your ex who's also her best friend?!" london furrowed her eyebrows.

"yes, she trusts us," i smirked. "plus there's nothing left between drew and i so."

"good cause i've had my eye on her," kendal said lowly before begging hit on the shoulder by sophie.

"so guys," i took a bite of my bacon. "billie brought up marriage."

kendal spit her food out. "what?"

"yeah," i nodded with my eyebrows raised.

"like... she proposed?" sophie asked.

"no no no. just asked me how i'd feel about eloping so we could go ahead and be legal, but have a ceremony later," i said, digging into my eggs.

"oh this about the next of kin thing? i heard a nurse talking about how she threatened the entire hospital," london laughed.

"yes oh my god," i laughed.

"i mean i don't blame her. that was a pretty scary situation," london shrugged.

"but we're so young," i shook my head.

"but you want this long term huh?" she asked.

"yes."

"well a title won't change anything but the legal status. it won't mean that you're all of a sudden on some type of chain lock with your freedom," she explained.

"i don't know. they're both just 21. i mean what if they don't last?" sisi added.

"i think it's pretty clear that we're gonna be together for awhile," i chuckled.

"well if that's the case then i agree with billie. go to vegas and get eloped," sisi laughed.

"as long as i'm the maid of honor," kendal said.

"you?!" everyone exclaimed, looking at her.

wow i can't believe they agree. me? getting married to billie? like yes i want to but now? what will everyone think?? the public will talk shit about us.

but... it's not about them, is it?

-

a little over a month later and i'm finally out of my wheelchair and able to function like i used to. i was released from it 2 days ago and feel better than ever.

"which one?" billie held up two shirt in front of me.

"left," i pointed quickly.

"of course you'd choose that one," she playfully rolled her eyes.

"are you wearing something crazy like last year or-"

"um is that a good crazy?" i glared at her.