7 | go time

...continued

"hopefully you'll use this before it's too late"

i stared at the note and the key back to back before realizing that i need to go... now.

i grabbed my car keys, my purse, billie's house key and bolted out my apartment.

(above) this is what i had on when i read the note so this is exactly how i was leaving

(above) this is what i had on when i read the note so this is exactly how i was leaving. it's already been over an hour, i have no time to spare.

i was speeding the whole way there. i'm so glad i remember how to get to her place but it's still a good 20 minutes away from mine. i was anxious the entire car ride as my thoughts filled with negativity.

is she in trouble? is that why she was acting so weird? it's already been over an hour, i hope she's okay still. what is he going to do to her? this is all my fault.

i pulled up to her place and didn't think twice before grabbing necessities out of my purse and running up to her door. when i walked
up to the front door, i instantly heard yelling and loud thuds on the wall and glass being thrown.

matthew was yelling shit like
"why were you with her!"
"you cheated huh!"
"i knew it!"
"you really want it dont you?

and then i heard her scream in pain. i quickly unlocked the door and pushed that bitch wide open. matthew made eye contact with me and i knew right then, it was go time.

i could see billie sitting on the ground, holding her knees and crying but she perked up a bit when she saw me as if she gained hope. i looked at her and said "go" while directing my head to her room. she got up quickly and ran off. matthew looked at me like i was his worst enemy. he did an evil laugh and walked towards me. i tensed up but kept a straight face and kept eye contact.

he pushed me back. "the fuck are you, her savior?" he laughed.

"the fuck is your problem?" i asked.

"you."

"me?"

"you think i don't know she wants you back? you don't think i know about that song she wrote?" he asked, getting closer to me.

"so is that why you've been sending me all these gestures with ill intent?" i asked with my head tilted.

"what? what are you talking about?" he seemed confused.

"oh don't act stupid like you didn't send flowers that i'm allergic to and old candy to my house. and buy me drinks at the party to get me drunk," i exclaimed.