chapter 16 ( finals)

Authors POV
The two lovers spent the whole week in the beach, playing and yibo pampering and babying Zhan. In this one week yibo had made love to Zhan everywhere, in the kitchen, bathroom, stairs, sitting room, garden , bedroom , garage and even the sand on the beach was not spared.
Yibo was starting workshop for a new drama and Zhan had to practice for finals thus they went back on Monday.

They were both too busy and would only see each other once in a week.
One month passed like flash and it was already time for the finals which would be held tommorow.
Yibo decided to see Zhan to give him some encouragement.
He stopped by the mall and bought 2 diamond pendants and put their pictures in the chest of each pendant.

( The chest can be closed )

" I hope he'll like it" he thought speeding to zhans apartment.
He arrived and rang the doorbell a few times before the door opened.
" Surprise" Zhan smiled, he didn't expect to see yibo today. He jumped on him wrapping his arms around the broader ones neck legs around his waist.
" Did my baby miss me?"
" I miss you Yibo"
The two entangled bodies were drawn in their own happiness not knowing that they were being photographed and this maybe their last day together.
They got inside and closed the door. Yibo wore the pendant on zhans neck and told him never to take it off. Zhan also helped to put on the pendant with his picture on Yibos neck.
They spent the day cuddling together on the bed.
Zhan woke up early the day of the finals and prepared their breakfast.
He caressed yibos face and whispered
" I love you" then kissed his forehead..."" Wake up yibo"".
Yibo sat up and hugged zhans tummy.
" Good morning baby, today is the finals, I wish you the best and I know you will win..." Yibo said and kissed zhans neck.
" Thanks for believing in me all this time.... now go and prepare yourself so we can leave..." Zhan said pushing yibo to the bathroom.

(Time skip:)
"And the winner of street dance of China season 4 is Xiao zhan and his mentor captain Wang yibo....... " The mc announced.
Zhan was suddenly lifted off the ground by yibo , he hugged him for a minute whispering an " am proud of you " then the dancer was tossed around above people's heads by his cerebrating teammates.
He received his award, this was the happiest day of his life. His parents were also here to support him. This victory in just minutes was retweeted over 1 million times, this was evidence of Yibos fame. Yibo and Zhan were on the stage when the cheering crowd went dead quiet.
All eyes were on the giant screen at the center of the arena while some were on their phones mouth ajar and eyes wide open.
They couldn't believe it .
HEADLINES: "Xiao zhan and his captain Wang yibo having an affair."
Then the pictures of them hugging and kissing as yibo went inside zhans apartment were displayed.
After a dead silence;
" So they're sleeping with each other?"
" Is this why he won?"
" He slept with yibo to gain his favor, is that why he was never eliminated?"
" I heard......."
All this got into zhans ears, yibo stood there in a daze, he was always careful, what then happened?
People were now saying that Zhan won because of seducing yibo, that yibo didn't deserve this, " a slut".
Tears started rolling down zhans eyes. They called him a "slut?"
All 2 million people in this arena were bashing him, damn, he knew even the whole country was.
Zhan couldn't take it anymore, he sprinted to where his feet would take him. "" No no no, this is not happening" Zhan said shaking his head while trying to wipe his overflowing tears. How come his happiest day would turn so sour, into this nightmare?
Zhan Zhan Zhan, please stop, listen to me." Yibo came panting, he was going crazy right now.
" What do I have to listen to yibo? You heard it all, they called me a slut, I won because I seduced you" he was saying all this like a mad person.
They were both kneeling down on the parking lot floor.
" I have to go, I will call you later when I'm ready" Zhan said and sprinted away, yibo stood up and ran after him.
" No baby, don't leave me, we can go through all this together" he said hugging his lover from behind. "" No no no yibo, let go...let me go and think this through, I love you Yibo..... " He said.." oh here, this ring, I bought it sometime ago, didn't have time to give it to you. Wear it always. " Zhan said giving yibo the ring and left. Yibos feet failed on him and he fall on the ground with a thud, he was a crying mess.
Yibos driver found him there and called his manager to take the broken man home. Yibos tears would not stop falling all the way home.
His manager took him to his apartment and he slammed his body dead on the bed.
" I have to find him" he thought.
He took his bike keys in a haste and stormed out leaving his manager who was making him dinner in a daze.
" He can't leave me, I have to find him"
He rode his motorcycle in a supersonic speed heading towards zhans apartment. He got there and knocked but no one answered, he opened the door using his key and searched around the house but no one was there, now he started to get anxious. He opened zhans closet and there were no clothes....."no! no! no!no! He left me? Yibo mumbled " But didn't he say....he loves me?.."
Yibo became quiet, his facial expressions were cold and void, he didn't react much, he started feeling empty, the emptiness had no description. He immediately held his heart, it was beating too fast. He hold the closet door because he was feeling dizzy, he couldn't breathe and his chest was exploding.
" Only one person can make me dizzy...." He mumbled
" But why my heart always beat fast when it comes to zhanzhan?". Yibo turned back and look at the bed they used to sleep with Zhan, they even slept there this morning. Tears started flowing and he tried to comfort himself
" I'll find my baby soon...my baby loves me, he will forgive me for being reckless, I know he loves me very much, he'll sleep with me again, he'll cook for me again, won't he? He loves me right? " Right now he was behaving a lost puppy trying to find his mommy.
"" I'll find him...I'll ask him to marry me, we'll make little babies ... He'll be happy then .. right?...he won't ever leave me again... he'll love me more..
Yibo said in one go holding the ring that Zhan gave him in his hands.

Yibo looked around again but there's no Zhan, it's like he's completely lost it.
"He's already gone?" He mumbled
Wang yibo became quiet again, few minutes later he started talking again
" I'll make him come with me....I'll never let him suffer like this again. He won't leave me then...he won't leave me...he won't leave me...he won't leave me...'" Yibo said repeating the same things in a shouting voice while holding his head tightly. He stop shouting but his tears don't stop. he go to the bed and sit there again, he caress it and put his head on the pillow. " Why did you leave me? How could you leave me like this?" Yibo laid there crying until he fell asleep.
Zhan had become yibos everything and just like a drug, he was already addicted.
The few months they had lived together made yibo know that he couldn't live without the other " his soulmate" , only if he was not a famous celebrity, then people would not have harmed his beloved, he would be happy with him this moment.

Now every celebrity channel in China was broadcasting this news. There was even a picture of yibo and Zhan in the parking lot yibo back hugging Zhan, It must be the day of the finals.
Now some fans were shipping them, majority condemned them but the worst were the ones commenting that Zhan won the competition because of Yibos favour. Now Zhan was broken, when he turned his back on yibo, he had left his heart behind. Now he was only a broken shell, bits and bits and he didn't know how to restore them.
His parents had assisted him to pack his clothes in a haste and brought him back to chingqong his home town upon his request. He weeped the whole night, nobody could comfort him, he just sat unmoving staring into nothing. He lied his back on the bed reading all the bashful comments about him.
Thinking about it, he really did seduce yibo that day he called him back, but he didn't regret their relationship, it was the best thing that ever happened to him.
For days he didn't speak to anyone, didn't eat not sleep, he was almost lifeless, he missed yibo and badly wanted to see him.

Yibos manager POV
Yibo has been locking himself up in zhans apartment for days. He didn't even eat or drink and am really worried for him. I have to bring him back, the news have circulated very much and now it's on hot search in the whole country.
Every body is waiting for yibos statement. The groups have broken into two, one supporting and another one rebuking them, especially Xiao zhan. They say that he turned yibo gay. I decided to hold a press conference to cool down these news once and for all.
I didn't everything in my power to convince yibo to deny those news I even went on my knees.

After 2 days
Authors POV
Yibo had been convinced by his agency to deny having any romantic relationship with Zhan. They had already arranged a conference where yibo would give his statement. All the tv stations had prepared the questions and gadgets to use on that day. Yibo had a really bad feeling about that day, he felt as if something big and bad would happen but he just brushed it off.
Yibo would love to announce to the whole world that he's madly in love with Zhan but that couldn't happen. A lot were at stake. His company would loose a lot of money if all his endorsements were withdrawn because as I said, he's the most endorsed artist in the country... This would lead to endless lawsuits against him because of bleaching of contract .
He didn't want to live such a life and to top it all off, China is a very homophobic country and nobody would accept boyxboy love.
His parents had called him the other night to ask what is this news circulating around. Yibo is their only child and they expected him to marry a girl and give them grand children to continue their family linage, their blood line. They held a major part of convincing yibo to hold the conference. Yibo thought all these while sleeping on zhans bed softly caressing the pillow he used to put his head on.
To be continued
Roses also have thorns
Vote and comment 🌹💚❤️

To be continuedRoses also have thornsVote and comment 🌹💚❤️

It pains me to see you cry😭

( Now go back to the previous chapter 17 to avoid confusion)