Chapter 19

Normally, Charlotte would stomp and kill any bug that came near her or she'd get someone else to do it for her. She hated bugs, especially spiders, and that's all she had been seeing the past couple of days since she had gone into the girls' toilets in the main building. The only good thing was that the spiders she had been seeing were never in her room, only places outside of them, like in Kaname's room when she was in there or the parlour or kitchen, only when she was there, as no one had really complained about any bugs.

She sighed heavily as she gently put a change of clothes into a black duffel bag, as well as her beloved eyeliners and matte blood red lipstick. She placed the box that had her black suede platform heels on top of everything in the duffel bag and pulled the zip, closing it and trusting that she had everything she needed inside of it. The gala was tonight and she wasn't looking forward to it.

Slinging the duffel bag over her shoulder, she exited her room with her mobile in her hand. Closing the door behind her and ignoring the large spider on the wall facing into her room. As Kaname passed by it, his body blocking her view of the spider for a split second, the spider vanishing after he passed and Charlotte turned away swiftly at where the spider had once been. She forced her breathing to even out as she walked down the corridor behind Kaname.

Kaname turned to her when he heard her footsteps behind him. He raised a perfectly arched eyebrow at her, "You're going dressed in that?" She shrugged, looking down at her dark blue high waisted jeans with a white v-neck tucked into her trousers and her pale feet clad in black moccasins that had soft, warm black fur inside. She noticed he was clad in a black suit, quite formal and a bit tighter on him than she assumed he liked, as she had noticed he always wore loose fitting shirts.

"I'm changing when I get there... the villa the gala's held in is the one I stayed in before I was sent here... so I have clothes over there and I'll just find something there," she told him, walking out the door when he held it open for her. She let him take the lead to the car that was waiting in front of the door and he walked the few steps to get to it and he slid inside and her after him. "I hope this won't last long." He chuckled at her as she dropped her duffel bag at her feet and pulled and clicked in her seat belt at the same time as him.

Her, Kaname and Takuma were the last to leave, all three of them in the back seat of the car as they were driven to the villa. The ride was quiet as they all looked out of the window and kept to themselves. Charlotte ran her hand through her hair as she watched the town and its shops pass by as they entered the seemingly abandoned centre of an older town connected to the lively one that they had just passed.

An annoyed sigh left her lips as they came to a stop in front of an older building, the structure itself looking old and practically falling apart. They all stepped out of the car when the doors were opened for them and Charlotte grabbed her duffel bag by her feet and slung it over her shoulder again as she nodded a 'thank you' to the man holding the door open for her.

As they approached the entrance, she noticed Akatsuki and Hanabusa standing awfully close to each other whilst looking at something on the ground and as they all got closer, she realised it was an unconscious Yuki laying on the floor and Kaname sighed exasperatedly beside her, "What a troublesome girl." Charlotte rolled her eyes at this and watched as he bent down and picked her up, holding her bridal style and he turned to look at the blonde girl, "Is there any place I can lay her in...?"

"Uh... yeah, my room. Come one." She beckoned him and he gave her nod, following her while Hanabusa gaped at her, gaped at the informalities and almost demanding of her tone of voice. He knew they had grown close since she had come, knew of her new status that had made her an equal to the pureblood, but he had never expected to her talk to informally to him in public.