Chapter 37

Charlotte laid on her bed, looking up at the ceiling, a frown on her face. She knew  it was daytime, and she could hear Yuki and Kaname talking upstairs. Her hearing was sharper than usual for some reason and she sighed, sitting up in the bed. She ignored them exchanging their words before he left and she stretched. She reached her arms up towards the ceiling and arched her back slightly until there was a satisfying crack and she sighed, bringing her arms back down and pushing her fringe out of her face.

Scanning her eyes around her room, she began to strip off her clothing until nothing was left and she left them all laying on the floor as she made her way to her closet, opening the door and walking inside. She put on a pair of clean pants and a bra, stretching briefly again before browsing her many pairs of jeans and she pursed her lips, sliding a couple on hangers out of her way so she could look at other pairs. With a heavy sigh, she grabbed a pair of black high-waisted skinny jeans and a red and black plaid button-down that she decided to button up and tuck into her jeans.

Once dressed, she plopped down on the floor in front of her dresser and pulled open one of the drawers, pulling out a pair of black ankle socks and put them on and grabbed her pair of black suede ankle lace up boots with a two inch chunky heel and she shoved her feet into those, lacing them up quickly. With a yawn, she hopped to her feet and examined herself in the body mirror, giving herself a once over before approving of her attire and left the closet, closing the door behind her and making her way to her bathroom.

Pushing open the door, she didn't bother to flip on the light and walked to the sink, grabbing her toothbrush and wetting it before putting some toothpaste on it. She cleaned her teeth, taking her time and zoning out a couple of times, her mouth filled with the now watery paste and she spat it out, quickly rinsing out her mouth with water and spitting it out before splashing water on her face, grabbing a soft black hand towel to dry her face with.

After dabbing her face dry with the towel, she looked up into the mirror, a strange feeling rippling through her, and as she looked up, she spotted someone behind her in the mirror, a familiar someone. And with a frown, she turned around to find that they weren't behind her like they had seemed to be and she scoffed, "Typical." She shook her head and placed the damp hand towel on the counter, looking into the mirror where the person remained. "So, what is it that you want?"

Alondra frowned slightly, "You've been blocking me." She looked almost hurt and Charlotte resisted the urge to roll her eyes, giving another scoff and she crossed her arms over her chest as Alondra looked at her. The woman tilted her head to the side, her lips pursed, "You look really good in red. You know... when I first spoke to you, got through to you, you didn't feel like a vampire at all... but now you do. Could it be because you fed on Kaname?" Charlotte sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Okay, Alondra. There's still four days until it's time for me to awaken you... so can you please stay out of my head until then? The only reason why I fed on Kaname is because you need strength and I need strength. So, please, just go back until it's time." It was clear the girl was annoyed and Alondra chuckled, leaning against the wall, or so the mirror showed and mirrored Charlotte's stance, her arms crossed over her chest.

"Okay, okay. Sorry, it's just been a while since I've been able to talk to someone, and I understand you have your own life to get back to, so I'll leave you to it and I'll come back an hour before the awakening." And with that, Alondra was gone, leaving no trace that she had ever been there despite her being only a reflection in the mirror. Charlotte sighed, pushing her fringe out of her face before exiting her bathroom and walking out her room, shoving her mobile and purse into her back pockets.

She hummed as she walked down the corridor, passing Shane as he walked towards his room, a sleepy look on his face, but he smiled at her anyway, "I got those books you wanted." He showed her the three books he was carrying and she brightened up, a grin coming to her face, "Kaname said you had somewhere to go today... so I'll just place them on your bed. Be careful and don't die." With a hum of 'thank you' she kissed his cheek and continued down the corridor towards the door that led to the upper levels.