Chapter 53

"You have to follow the laws put in place for you, Charlotte. Though you are someone of a much higher standing than you had been when you were younger, there are now a lot more restrictions put on you." Kaien sighed from behind his desk. His hands were clasped together as he looked at Charlotte across his desk. She was sitting in a chair with an impassive face. "I am glad that you have come to me asking for permission to follow through... but it is not necessarily my permission you need to be asking."

Nodding solemnly, Charlotte stood from her seat, "Thank you, Kaien. I will be gone for a couple of days. I have left Yuki and Hanabusa a note about where I'll be... but I ask that Zero keep an eye on the Night Class solely because Sara is there." There was a slight rage that burnt in her dark blue eyes and for once, Kaien had an idea of how much she despised her sister. "Hopefully, I won't be coming back alone."

Kaien nodded, standing up along with her and walked around his desk to stand beside her, "Where did this idea of yours come from?" He watched Charlotte intently, waiting almost impatiently for her answer.

She looked reluctant to answer at first, but she finally said after a couple of seconds, "I have a friend in Spain, he told me about it." She paused for a brief few seconds and then a small smirk found its way onto her lips, "And I got the idea from our lovely little Sara."

Taken aback, Kaien watched Charlotte saunter out of his office. He watched as her fading pink hair swayed behind her as she walked, almost getting the door closed on the ends of it. He listened for a few seconds of her fading footsteps until he was left in silence and loneliness of his office. His mind was racing with all the possibilities and the repercussions of Charlotte's possible actions.

He walked back to his desk chair and plopped down into it with an exasperated sigh leaving past his lips. He pinched the bridge of his nose, "Please, don't violate any important laws, Charlie."

-

Charlotte was shoving a couple of pairs of jeans into a backpack when Takuma came by her room. He watched curiously as she moved, humming to herself. He leant against the threshold of her room door and watched as she went back and forth between her closet and the backpack a couple of times, coming out with a few different clothing article each time. The backpack wasn't a small one, so she was able to fit at least four outfits inside of it, along with her laptop, charger and phone charger.

Feeling that she was being watched, Charlotte stopped all movement and slowly turned towards her door, instantly relaxing when she noticed that it was just Takuma watching her. He had a soft and fond smile on his face when they made eye contact.

"What are you packing for?" He asked, pushing off the doorframe and coming into her room. He approached her bed and sat down right beside her backpack. He looked inside of her clothes-filled backpack and then looked back up at her with a curious look in his bright green eyes.

"I'm going to Spain for a couple of days. I have some business there. Zero will be keeping an eye on the Night Class whilst I'm gone," she said from her closet before she came back out with a couple pairs of socks. She shoved them inside of her bag and avoided eye contact with Takuma. She didn't want to not look at him, but she could sense Sara all over him and she knew that if she looked at him, he'd see that her eyes were red.

"You mean to keep an eye on Sara-sama?" He queried, raising his eyebrows. His tone had changed entirely to one that Charlotte did not recognise and she grit her teeth together in anger. This was not Takuma speaking himself, it was Sara. She had to give the woman props for sending Takuma into her room to spy on her because she knew that Charlotte would not harm Takuma.