Chapter 41

Using her telekinetic ability, Charlotte opened the door to Kaname's office and she slid in wearing her black fluffy socks. She twirled a couple of times before coming to a stop, flopping down into Kaname's desk chair and sliding a bit to the left in that as well before grabbing onto the desk to stop herself and pull her back into the centre of the desk. She looked up at Kaname, ignoring the person who was stood on the other side of the room, "I was summoned, Lord Asshole?" She hummed and rose an eyebrow.

He opened his mouth and then closed it, mirroring her look, raising his eyebrow at her. He gave her a perplexed look, noticing a sudden change in her, one that he remembered so clearly, the personality she had when she had first come to the academy, the one that made almost everyone happy. He opened his mouth again, meaning to say something, but he was so taken aback that no words came out again. He did it a couple of more times, opening and closing his mouth, trying to get the words out, but he just couldn't.

Charlotte frowned, "Stop doing that, you look like a fish." He did it one more time before clearing his throat and shuffling awkwardly as he stared at the pink haired girl. She looked down at the chessboard, a frown now fixed on her face. "It's frustrating to not be able to know what that bitch is up to. It's annoying, and I don't like it. I don't like her." She ran her fingers across the white king on the board, the one that represented Kaname before she reached over to her left and put the white queen next to the king. She looked back up at Kaname, "So, Yuki finally knows. Although your punishment for her going out was a bit too far," she gave him a sharp look, "it was effective." She then turned to Alondra, who she now finally noticed, "Oh! Hello, Alondra. Honestly didn't expect you to be back so soon."

"You are awfully happy today," Kaname finally said, the words finally coming out, a small smile on his lips. She shrugged, pushing her now overgrown fringe out of her eyes, "Although... I highly doubt that was all you on your own. You drank a bit too much wine, didn't you?" He narrowed his eyes at her, tilting his head to the side slightly as he observed her. He knew she had smelt a bit odd when she came in, not her usual natural flowery scent, but a bit bitter and rich and oaky. He couldn't help but smile and shake his head in amusement when the girl grinned at him.

"I just wanted to see how much I could drink before it begins to affect me. For scientific purposes, you know? Like when I did it to Hanabusa... although you weren't quite amused with that as you are with this." She got off the chair and hopped onto the desk to sit next to the chessboard with her legs dangling off. "And as it seems... it takes a lot for me to be able to feel the effect... which isn't a good thing, by the way. If I wasn't a vampire, I'd probably be passed out with alcohol poisoning with how much I drank. But, eh, oh well." She waved her hand. She didn't drink enough to be completely drunk, just a bit tipsy, and as it had seemed, the amount of wine she had drank to get her to the tipsy state had made her a bit hyper.

"And how much did you drink, exactly?" Alondra asked, raising an eyebrow, an amused expression falling on her face as well. "You got tipsy for... scientific purposes?" She looked over to Kaname with a curious expression, and all the man could do was sigh and shrug in response. She didn't understand why the girl would do such a thing. Or even how she had such a high tolerance.

Charlotte pursed her lips and shrugged, "Like... five bottles. Around that much, yeah." She chuckled, shaking her head, "It's a good thing I'm not a human with this tolerance." She rocked side to side for a couple of seconds, silence falling between all three of them. She glanced down at the chessboard, her eyes scanning over the placement of the pieces once again.

"Charlotte, there are some things that I would like to announce to you and Kaname..." Alondra said, uncertainty in her voice as her eyes slid from Charlotte over to Kaname. It had been thousands of years since she had seen him in person, and despite that he has the same face from when they first met, he still looked different. Way different than when they first met, when she first coward at his throne to ask for forgiveness for accidentally killing the man who made her a 'monster'.