Chapter 16

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"It's a surprise." Niall says as he looks over at me with a smile.

I watch as all the building go by and the city slowly turns into the country side. I notice were getting close to the ocean but not the beach.

Niall parks the car in a field that goes off onto a cliff that over looks the blue water, crashing up against the rocks down below.

"This is beautiful." I say as I get out of the car, my eyes are mesmerized and my mouth hangs open. It's so pretty. This country all together is amazing and I'm sorry I haven't seen more of it in my time here.

"I thought you'd like it." Niall says as he shoves his hands in his pockets and walks a few feet behind me.

I walk a little further until I'm as far as I can be, over looking the ocean standing at the top of a steep cliff. Niall sits down next to me and grabs my hand, lightly pulling me down next to him.

I sit with my legs crossed, mirroring his position.

"I never asked, where are you from? I mean in America?" He asks.

He's right. We've never really talked about ourselves to each other. He looks a little embarrassed to be asking. We both were on a plane to Dublin from New York City, but he must've stayed there long enough to know I'm not from New York.

"Colorado." I answer.

"Where's that? I don't really know my geography." He laughs and I join in.

"It's like in the middle of the country, like two states over from California." I say, "you know where California is right?" I laugh.

"Of course I do," he says, "it's the one that's shaped like a pan right?"

I raise my brow at him and shake my head as I laugh.

"I'm kidding." He says laughing with me.

"I'm sure you are."

"So, Madison, tell me about yourself." He says turning to face me.

"What would you like to know?" I say as seriously as I can, but a smile breaks my act.

"Like your family, friends, weird addictions, strange hobbies." He says with a smug look.

"Oh I don't know I think that's a little too personal to share with you, I barely know you." I say sarcastically.

"Madi," he didn't catch on, "you've given me a blow job and I've-"

"Okay!" I say pushing my finger to his mouth so I didn't have to hear him say what he did to me, even though the thought of it gives me butterflies.

"Well family, I live with my mom, were pretty close but she's pretty strict about my grades and where I go in life and stuff like that. My dad well he divorced my mom a few years ago when I was about fifteen because he was having an affair with someone else. I used to see him all the time but...I haven't seen him in almost two years. I don't even know if he still lives in the same place anymore." I shrug.

"I'm sorry Madi." Niall says looking at me with sympathetic eyes.

"It's fine I guess I got used to it." I say and smile at him. "Friends wise, well I didn't really have any friends." I say and look away. It's pretty embarrassing to tell someone you basically say at home alone all the time and when you went to a movie, you went alone.

"You? That's shit." He laughs.

"No really, I didn't have any friends!" I say laughing. It's strange that I'm laughing about this though, this is something that used to make me sad. But since then I've become independent and okay with being by myself.