01

"You're getting married."

I immediately choked on my wine, spilling it all over! My eyes widened, staring at my mother with my jaw dropped! How can she announce something like that, all of the sudden?!

"Do you hear me, Luna?" She formally asked, brows furrowing as she cut her steak and raise a brow at me. I held my chest and tried to process it all over!

Married? As in... i'm getting tied to someone for life? I felt like my heart jumped out of the blue, I looked at her with relaxed eyes now but deep inside i'm still panicking! So much! I bit my lip and gripped on my purse. Mom just got home from her business trip and this is her gift?! What the fuck!

"Luna." She called. I took a deep breath before pursing my lips.

"I think I heard that wrong, mommy. Why am I getting married? And to... who, exactly?" I winced.

"Oldest son of the Haitanis." She paused, sipping on her wine. She said that so casually! And Haitani...? I took a big gulp before smiling sweetly. "What?"

"Mom... isn't it.. too early?" I tried to sound convincing, playing victim. Well, I actually am a victim here! But then, her brows cocked which made me more nervous. I moved away and cleared my throat, damn it. "I mean, it's so sudden. Unexpected, you know? I'm not ready for that, mommy!"

"You're 25. You're not a child anymore." She stated with full authority, clearly speaking the truth. I bit my lip. "We will be attending his birthday tommorow with your father. Formal, Luna."

What am I gonna do now? I quickly went home after that, I felt so devastated. I'm gonna get married to someone I don't know. An entire stranger, will come and marry me? I don't know what to do. I wanna cry, get wasted or something. I can't do anything about it. The pressure will be heavy on my back. My mother owns one of the biggest company in Japan, along with my father. But they're divorced secretly.

Is my freedom gonna be taken?! Am I just gonna get married with a man that I will just meet?! Gosh, i'm overthinking. Of course, I couldn't avoid getting paranoid! I nibbled on my finger and rolled over to my bed, picking my phone up to call my bestfriend.

"Mina! Guess what?!" I exclaimed soon as she answered. I could hear snoring of a man. "Mina, i'm getting married. And it's arranged! Help me!"

[Karma, you fucker. Can't you call later?! It's 4am in the morning, Lu!]

"Yeah but you still answered," I told her and laid back on my comforter. "I'm getting worried. Can't you be worried too? I'm gonna get tied to a stranger!"

[Cancel it, dumbfuck.] She groaned. [What? Why... oh, sorry. I think the condom is over there...] I hear her murmuring stuff to someone. I scoffed.

"Can you please pause your sex life for your bestfriend? Just for a second?"

The other line laughed. [Haha, sorry. Continue on, ma'am.]

I then vented out on how worried I am about this upcoming event. She knew I just can't cancel it, she knew my parents, and how strict and cruel they were. I also expressed how I feel upset about it, I can't imagine myself getting engaged to a stranger. This isn't a marriage I would imagine, never. My bestfriend listened to me throughout my whole call rant.

[I'm sorry for this, Luna. If only I could get you out of there without the both of us getting killed.] She bitterly chuckled. [You're a carefree kid, you know? I love how you cherish your freedom. And I understand your rants, you're valid Lu.]