06

"Thank you for taking me home, Taku."

I entered my apartment and shut the door tight. I slowly slid down to the ground, my butt hit the solid cold floor as I let out a sigh. I hugged my knees and cried silently on my palms.

Please take all the pain away.

The next few days were like years. A week I spent in my apartment doing nothing but retail therapy didn't help as much. I was spending money without a thought, I was doing all of it to move on from the incident and Ran. I haven't contacted Mina, nor have Takuya came back for me. I was left alone, I couldn't speak or open up to anyone. It felt so traumatising, but all I could is keep it to myself. Takuya is angry at me, he didn't talk the last time he dropped me off here. I wanted to talk to him. I can't lose him now. But at this rate, i'm loosing everyone.

Feeling empty, I watch the clock infront of me tick until the evening. I yawned, falling back on my bed with heavy thoughts. I haven't been living, only surviving. I've been working out, stress eating, accepting random photography offer to buy time and divert myself from living in the past. I can never let myself be in that situation again.

I wonder how he is doing. I haven't... heard from him.

[So you're telling me, you've been stuck there for a week?! And without telling me?!] Mina yelled on the other line.

"I'm sorry... I wasn't ready." I pouted, drawing circles on my sheets. "How are you there in Okinawa?"

[Don't change the topic, woman.] She warned me. I sighed before chuckling. Finally, I had the guts to tell Mina what happened. She's in Okinawa for a business trip, and couldn't come home immediately but she told me she'll be coming back here for me. She could not believe what I got into. [But seriously, isn't your safety at risk now? Now that you're included in stuff like that. And I can't believe Takuya is part of some Mafia! I'm mad at him.]

"Let's not talk about that, i'm also upset over the part that he lied." I told her. "I will watch my safety. I've hired bodyguards."

[I'll hire more. Have you told your parents about this?]

"Not at all." I shrugged. "You know I won't. Besides, I have talked to their business partners and they seem to be satisfied with my performance."

[Your parents are the worst.] She sighed. [Tell me when you can't do it anymore, okay?]

"Can't do what?" I laughed.

[Can't live, Lu. I love you!]

The next morning, I got up early to go visit the company. Mom is away, while Dad is also in a seperate trip. There is an acting President, but of course it's different when the heir visits. When I got there, I only visited the acting President and attended some meetings before leaving. I went to the nearest coffee shop and bought a Cappuccino. I went to an exclusive Pavilion and also went shopping. As I buy things, I always roam my eyes around while wearing my aviators. I always seek for anyone stalking or following me, incase I would need to call for my bodyguards. I'm not dumb to be oblivious.

When I got back in my condo, I quickly placed all my clothes in my walking closet. I don't like it scattered all over my place. T'was a normal day for me, no more nightmares got in my sleeps and I had normal dreams. I woke up to my phone ringing for an alarm, I removed my facial mask and checked the time. It's already 6pm and I have a reservation in a restaurant, meeting an old friend. I quickly stood up and got ready, I wore a simple loose grey doll dress and a coat, matched with my red stilettos. I popped my lips after applying lipstick, and then turned around. But then, my brows furrowed after opening one mail left in my doorstep.