03

"Mataida, where is Yumi?"

I asked the worker nearby. She smiled and greeted me before saying that Yumi is upstairs, in her room.

"Thank you." I told her before walking away with Ran. He held my hand and we went inside. "Dad! Hi, i'm with Ran."

"Oh, my dear, you should've told me so I could prepare lunch!" My father panicked, not knowing if he's going back to his room to fix himself or cook downstairs. I laughed.

"It's fine, we ate lunch with mom. Have you eaten yet?"

"No... I just woke up.. well.." Dad awkwardly chuckled at us both, holding his nape. I smiled and went forward, walking with him to the kitchen. "What are you guys doing here?"

"We're here to visit her sister, sir." Ran politely said.

"Y-you told him about Yumi?" Dad whispered besides me. Huh?

I forced a smile. "Should I not?"

"I didn't say anything." Dad pursed his lips and sat on the dining chair. "Are you gonna cook for me, dear?"

"What?! I didn't say I will, dad!" I exclaimed. I said nothing about that!

"Well.. now that you're here with Ran.. why not show off your cooking skills?" He smirked. I felt blood arise to my cheeks.

I glanced at Ran for help, but he's already sitting next to my dad with an amused smile whilst staring afar. I furrowed my brows at them. Is he thinking that I can't cook? I can!

"Have you tasted her dishes, Ran, my dear?" Dad asked.

Ran, turned to him with a wider smile! "No. I haven't, sir. She doesn't want to."

"What? Why, Luna? It's not like you're a bad cook." My father laughed. "Or... that is, if I have no taste buds."

"Dad!" I stomped my foot. "Fine. I will cook. But only for Ran and Yumi!" Since I noticed Ran didn't eat much earlier.

"Alright, alright. Tell Mataida to give you the condiments, and other ingredients for a dish you want to cook. I believe we have it all here."

I rolled my eyes and faced the confused Mataida.
After several minutes, I started cooking one of my father's favorite dish. Kare Raisu, Teriyaki and Tempura. Plus, Sushi! It's one of Yumi's favorites. Kare Raisu, also known as curry. Teriyaki, foods that are broiled or grilled, glazed in soy sauce, mirin and sugar. Tempura, contains a seafood that is battered and deep fried. One of my favorites. And of course, Sushi! I, then watched as the both of them, dad and Ran, engage in a conversation. I didn't understand what they were talking about but they are laughing. I don't understand how much Ran can fake but perfect every expression used, he's stepping foot inside the businessman's house whom he hates the most.

They had me enrolled to a culinary class, or, a cooking school when I was 18. They wanted me to learn, somehow at that time they also wanted me to be a chef. But, I didn't pursue it. And, now I am an excellent cook. Not fit for a chef though. It's not my dream.

"I remember when my Luna, here, used to cry when I trip during my skateboarder days. Haha!" I heard my father. "She peed herself continously while watching horror movies she forced us to buy tickets for..."