▪️⚫️ 🔲 8 🔲 ⚫️▪️

"Ok I understand we may not all agree but Y/n is a person we need to look after her and treat her with respect" Alby said.

"Gally 4 nights in the slammer you can not harm another glader" Alby continued.

"Seriously she's hardly a glader" Gally said grumpiness in his voice.

"She is now!" Alby said.

"Y/n you said you where Head healer back in the girl glade" Alby said talking to me.

I nodded to reassure him.

"What the shuck is Head healer?" One of the boys called out.

"It's like your keepers, I was in charge of the healers".

"You will work as a med-Jack while here, there is a spare room next to Minho's you can stay there" Alby said. "Boys get a bonfire ready we have a greenie to welcome".

Everyone walked out of the council hall. I went to find Newt. I saw him walking around the back of the homestead.

"Hey Newt" I called out in hopes he would stop. Which he did.

"What's up Y/n?" He said waiting for me to catch up to him.

"I got a couple questions" I said. "First of why do I get a bonfire, where's Minho and greenie?" I asked.

Newt chuckled. "Well you get a bonfire because your new here it's how we celebrate getting a new greenie which is the new person to the Glade and Minho is in the slammer I'm going there now want to come?" Answering my questions and inviting me with him.

"Sure are we allowed to though the slammer sounds like a bad place" I said keeping in time with his walk which was surprisingly fast considering he had a limp.

"Well we're not actually allowed to see people that are in the slammer but second in command has its privileges but the slammer is just a make shift jail for people who stuff up in the Glade" Newt said.

"Your second in command?" I said in shock. Sonya and Newt couldn't be more alike. Both second in command, both distinct blondies and both have the same accent.

"Yea" Newt said shyly wondering why I was questioning him.

"Ok cool" I said nodding my head trying to blow it off "Cool".

"Ok" he said. "Umm here we are, Minho it's Newt and Y/n".

Minho walked up to the bars made out of bamboo. He was below us as it was just a hole with bars over it. I knelt down to sit closer to him. Newt followed my actions.

"Oh hey, so what happened" he asked.

"Y/n is officially a glader, we're holding a bonfire for her tonight" Newt said smiling towards me and then continuing his smile for Minho.

"What and I don't get to attend it, that is rude" Minho said shaking his head.

"All right shank we just came to check on you we will bring you dinner later" Newt said to used to Minho's sarcasm.

"Bye Minho" I said walking away towards the kitchen I hadn't eaten since I got here I was quite hungry.

Newt's POV
"Hey Newt" Minho said before I could follow Y/n to wherever she was headed.

"Yea" I said.

"Please look after her you know what these shanks are like especially if they get drunk tonight" Minho said.

"Of course" I said a bit taken back that he thought he had to ask but I put it aside and put it down to him just caring for her. That thought was even more bone chilling. Minho caring. Minho caring for someone that deeply. Minho caring for someone thats deeply that isn't himself.

I walked away going to find Y/n when I thought struck my mind.

Minho was so crushing.
Minho was crushing hard.

Y/n's POV
The kitchen smelt amazing. It was located just next to the homestead and then opened out into a seating area.

"Hey Fry" Newt said walking up behind me.

The cook turned around. "Hey Newt, hey Y/n" he said with a smile. "Y/n you must be hungry you haven't had anything to eat all the time you've been here" Fry said rummaging around in a small fridge.

"You read my mind" I said watching what he was doing.

Frypan pulled out a mango. "Mango?" He asked.

"That would be great thanks" I said and sat down on a stool at the island bench. I watched him cut and slice it and then I shared it with Newt.

I saw a bunch of boys with sticks lit on fire walking towards a bonfire.

"Oop bonfires starting let's go Y/n" Newt said standing up.

"Now?" I asked.

"Yep your the guest of honour you have to be there" Newt said prompting me by giving my back a little push.

"I promise it will be fun" He said.