▫️⬛️ ⚪️ 37 ⚪️ ⬛️▫️

Y/n's POV
I walked into the kitchen still in my pj's with Minho's hoodie hugging me. He had left early in the morning to run the maze. A few guys where awake but not many, Frypan was still behind the counter cooking up for the late risers.

"Morning Fry" I said giving him a small wave.

"Morning Y/n" He said sliding a plate my way. "Are you wearing Minho's jumper?".

I blushed a little at the fact he had noticed before giving him a nod of confirmation.

"How are things between you two" He asked waving his spatula around as he went.

"Things, things are good" I sighed.

"You sure?" Frypan asked with that doubtful tone.

"Yes I am, I just, do you really want to hear all the sappy stuff?" I asked.

"Absolutely I am rooting for the two of you and I need updates" He said giving me a smile.

"Well Minho's amazing and not to ruin his reputation or anything but he's really sweet. I just couldn't picture myself with anyone else you know"

"And?" Fry asked handing out a plate to another glader.

"And he's a really good kisser" I said a bit quieter.

After that the rest of the day passed quickly my mind permanently occupied by Minho. His face, his scent, his lips, his hair. All I wanted was to kiss him like we had last night. To feel his body against mine, our breath staggering together, the eruption of butterflies in my stomach as our lips brushed one another.

There was a knock at the MedHut door. It was Newt.

"Greenie will be here soon wanna come watch?" As if on cue the alarm started going off giving us all flash backs to our own sickening and scary arrival.

There was no point trying to shout over the alarm so I just gave Newt a nod and walked across the grass to the box with him. Zart, Gally, Frypan and majority of the glade was already waiting. I didn't feel the need to push to the front or the urgency to hope for another girl. I just hung back as the gate to the box slide open.

This boy was covered in sweat pushing himself back into a bundle of rope. He had his hand up shielding his eyes from the Sun.

Gally jumped down, squatting above the boy bringing their faces as close as possible.
"Day 1 Greenie, rise and shine"

With that he was tossed out of the box landing roughly on the ground. Immediately boys crowded around him jeering, laughing and making rude comments.

"Ah man looks like klunk"

"Definitely a slopper"

"Y'all know I need some help in the kitchen"

The boy couldn't take it anymore he got up as fast as he could and took off.

"WE GOT A RUNNER!" that came from Zart.

We watched as the Greenie sped up making his way across the open Glade. None of us had faith he would make it far and it looked like he didn't even know where he was headed. Although he was fast his footing was uneven and so was the ground, unsurprisingly he went face first into the ground.
We all burst out laughing at his failure.

Alby signalled Newt to come over with him as the Greenie stood up he started turning in circles, no doubt taking in the large stone walls that surround us.

-Time skip-
All day I watched Alby show the greenie around. Taking him up the lookout, showing him around and telling him the rules of how we run this place. By now Alby was sick of the constant questions and had passed the greenie off to Chuck.

I waited by the doors for Minho's return. He was running the maze with Ben today and they should be back soon.

"Where are you going?" Chuck called out hurrying to get to the Greenie who now stood beside me,

"I just wanna take a look, what's out there?" The boy asked.

"I don't know, I just know what I'm told and we're not supposed to leave" Chuck said. Just then Minho and Ben came through the opening surely confusing the Greenie even more.

"Hey" Minho slowed coming over to us "New Greenie Huh?" He said nodding his head over to the brunette boy before sweeping me up into a hug.

"How does it feel to be promoted Chuck?" Ben asked.

"Feels great Ben" Chuck replied showing a thumbs up.

"Alright we gotta go" Minho said giving my cheek a quick kiss before jogging off with Ben towards the map room.

"I thought no one was allowed to leave?" The new boy asked.

"No I said we're not allowed to leave" Chuck said motioning between the both of them "They're different, they're runners they know more about the maze than anyone".

"Wait what?" He asked

"What?" Chuck said back confused.

"You just said maze"

"I...I did?"

"Yea"

"Oh Greenie" I sighed placing my arm around his shoulder "You have so much to learn".