07: Hell hole

[Simon]

I was running to the military boot camp early in the morning. It was still quarter to six. We were to report before 7 a.m. and start after the briefing. 
Yes, I was running. My apartment building was not far from the facility, so I thought I didn't need to ride my baby H. I liked to warm up before the gruesome physical training began. My boss already told me that we were going to be physical for a week and something like social skills the following week. Looking at my expression, he laughed out loud. 
"Don't you worry too much, son. You'll come out as Singaporean James Bond!" that was what he said. Who the hell is James Bond? 
....
....

I was at the lobby and tried to cool myself down

I was at the lobby and tried to cool myself down. I felt fresh and much better after the embarrassing incident a couple days ago. I still had the bruises on my back and on my rib, but the pain was bearable. I had to dodge every hit or kick on those area during the so-called special training this week. It would be painful, but I thought I could manage it.

Some guys were coming and we started to introduce to each other. Two guys were from Army, one from Navy. Then more people came and the lobby was full of testosterone. Well, you know when best of the best military personnel gathered in one single room. Ready to kill to each other. I liked the vibes, just as what I felt every time I entered the boxing ring or street fights. Later that day, I found around twenties of female officers joining the boys. 

"Why are you smiling?" Tito, a marine, asked me. I looked at the girls passing in front of us.
"Girls. Will be much fun." He grinned widely but suddenly faded.
"What? Aren't you happy having female muscle?"
"Well.. count me out, Simon. Missy will go mad at me." He showed me his ring. I laughed. 
Yeah.. interesting week, so I thought. 

Three days later.... with new bruises and better score on shooting, I survived.

It was just before lunch time when the chief announced that we would get new uniform and we were to test it. 

After the lunch break, we went to the admin office to get our new uniform

After the lunch break, we went to the admin office to get our new uniform. I was waiting in front of the shower hall when I saw someone who I never met during the boot camp. It was .. weird.. that he already was in THE new uniform. He was standing there, like waiting for someone else. I looked at the uniform on my lap. It looked nice on him, but would it be strong enough to protect my body? That was the question. We, the lab mice, had to test it. I stole some glances to check him out. He was perhaps two inches taller than me. And he was well built. I was sure that his muscles was gym-made. As a person who seldom used my gym membership, I always wonder whether the gym freaks could defend themselves from the street crimes. Many fighters I had met in the ring were gym freaks, and it was easy for me to beat them out. They might have buff and god-like body type, but no fighting skill at all.