17: Look At (only) Me

[Simon]

I was in the middle of discussion with new team for today. One of them said something related to the combat uniform that we tested last week. Then it stirred up my heart beat a little.

Uniform.
Jason Xu Feng.
Hospital.
The hug.
The kisses.
Public Displays of Affection.
Fuck!

First, Hanson. And now Aleena. Then maybe the whole police department. I couldn't think how to defend myself, to explain that I didn't have any kind of relationship with Jason Xu the Great. I called her this morning before I left my room for breakfast. 

Flashback: few hours before

"Hi Didi.."
"G'morning Jie. Jet lag?"
"Not bad. I had some nice sleep. The kids are still snoring. I've got to wake them up soon. We are going to have breakfast with your boyfriend." Not again...
"Jie.. please... he is NOT my boyfr.."
"Simon Gong Jun... Are you shy or ashamed having such a wonderful and loving boyfriend?"
"Noo.. It's not what I mean, Jie.."
"Listen Jun, if you worry about me against your preference, don't. It's totally OK with me. I've known Hanson for as long as you do, and I never ever say something bad about him being gay. I just want you to be happy, you deserve to be in love and be loved. I don't care much about the thing between their legs. Well, not that it's not important, we need it badly, right?" She giggled.
"Jie!!"
"Didi, I know it's just hours to have a talk with the guy, but I found out that he's whipped. He loves you, his eyes said it loud, and his gestures proved it."
"Gestures? What did he do?"
"What do you mean what he did do? He sent his private jet to pick us up from Hong Kong to Singapore, for God sake! Not just an upgraded class, this is Bombardier with a delicious Personal Assistant and all that jazz... He must love you that much, you know."
"But I don't know him except that he's loaded, how can I love him? How can he love me, if he doesn't know me? I don't believe love at the first sight kind of thing."
"For you, not yet. But you will, eventually. Much sooner. I also understand that you are still confused. Denial. Let alone with our society towards LGBTQ. He told me so. So I get it if you are still lowkey and such. From straight to ... not straight. Not easy, I understand."
"Jie, how can you believe all of his babbling? More than me?"
"You only knew him a short while ago, am I right? His eyes told me how deep is his love. And I've never seen that kind of look in any of your girlfriends in the past. That look only can mean one thing: Love. That's how Wayne looked at me when we said our wedding vows. So, I don't want to hear you whining in denial. Don't get bullshit on me, bro." Her ranting was storming in.
"...." I. Am. Speechless.
"He has done so much just for you. Ask yourself, Jun. Do you hate his effort to express his feeling to you, or you just need time trying to figure everything out?"
"Hmm.." I still didn't get the word out. Shocked? Yes. Upset? Yes. Confused? Totally. Hate? I guess not, to be honest. I remembered how embarrassing my junior acted out just from his husky deep voice over the phone.
"See? You don't hate his move. I knew it... Ha! Did he tell you that he had known you before and he was looking for you, even before you dated that bitch?"
"Hey.. Lisbeth is not a bitch, Jie."
"Why'd you defend her? You still love her?"
"No! But she's not a bad person. It was her family that rejected me. Not her."
"Whatever..."
"Wait, did he tell you he has known me before?"
"Yes. Around three years ago, he met you and he lost you."
"Creepy.."
"Look... I'm gonna play my big-sis card this time. Don't push Jason away, give this relationship a chance. The fact that you don't hate what he does to woo you, keep trying to accept yourself, then him. I think Hans can be your guide, too. You've got my blessing. The kids also accept you being boyfriends with their new uncle Jazz."
"Uncle.. Jazz? They even gave him nickname? Already?" Woho... Is everybody in my world crazy? Or just me?
"Told you. We love you both."
"Aaarghh... Please don't mention that!!"
"What? Are you embarrassed? But you already kissed, right? Then hurry make babies like bunnies.." I believed that my face was just as red as fried shrimp.
"Jie!! It was not a ki.."
"La la la la.... I'm hanging up, gotta wake them up. Bye... I'll call you at lunch break!!" And she hang up on me. Again. Without giving me a chance to explain.