24: More About Him

[Simon]

Lisbeth... 

Well, Singapore is small country. No big deal that we bumped into certain people many times even in a day. So, I was not so surprised seeing her here. She changed her style, she looked nicer. Of course, we met last time as our closure of the breaking up. Both of us were messy as hell.

I patted Jason's knee, as he was confused looking at me. I just gave away my 'I-am-fine' kind of smile. 

"Aleena, it's OK." I tried to calm Aleena down a bit. She really hated Lisbeth in spite of the fact she was not to blame for our breaking up.
Lisbeth smiled awkwardly. She bowed a little to Uncle Liem and to everyone else on our table. 
"Hi Jayden, Hi Hayden."
"Hi Aunt Lisbeth. You look.. pretty." Hayden have good eyes, obviously. I stood up and approached her.
"Thanks Hayden. You look handsome, too. So are you, Jayden." Jayden just smiled, but Hayden was giggling. She turned to me. Still awkward but it was on her side. Not me. Just casual encounter for me.
"Hi, Simon."
"Hi. I think it's better we talk outside?" She gave a nod. She waved to the boys.
"We can talk a bit in the lobby, maybe?"
"Yes. I just want to say Hi. You were having a party?" We started to walk to Lobby area.
"Uncle was just released from hospital, heart surgery."
"Oh.. I'm sorry. I didn't know. But I hope he's OK now."
"Much better, that's why Aleena and the kids are back home. We were just having dinner to celebrate his home coming. The other guests are my friends." Daddy would be mad if he knew I told her that he was a friend. I almost giggled the word 'Daddy' came up.
"I'm glad that you are OK."
"So are you.  Are you having dinner with your friends?"
"My parents were invited by a business partner. To celebrate their business deal. They have a son, and they thought we should meet."
"Well.. Good luck." Gou family always looked out the best for their daughter. It reminded me that I was not good enough for her. 
"Hello, who is he, Lisbeth?" A man younger than me was approaching us. He was sizing me blatantly. It was funny, though, for he was about two or three inches shorter than me.
"Gary, this is my... friend Simon Gong. Simon, this is Gary." I shook his hand, he gave me a strong grip. Hm.. Wanna show off. I paid him back by crushing his hand. I smiled at his shocked face.

Out of the blue, Jason arm suddenly encircled my back. Such a cocky Dad. I turned to face him and chuckled. His gesture, his expression... priceless.

"Is there any problem, Baobei?" I shook my head while chuckling. 

I liked his jealousy, his protection, even though it would be no problem at all to KO this Gary. His name reminded me the slimey Gary of Spongebob. And he thought he can beat me? In your dream, asshat!
Jason and I were just maybe one inch away. Those two in front of us were confused looking at our very very close proximity. Suddenly I felt like being dragged into Daddy's Boy space. The naughty boy. I had to resist it anyway. Not now.  

"Da Ge, meet Lisbeth Gou. Maybe Stephen knows about her father's company, Gou Industry."
"Hello, Miss Gou. I'm Jason Xu. I'll ask Stephen later. And this gentleman?"
"H.. Hi. I'm Gary Lee." With his height more than 6.4 feet and quite muscular body frame, Jason Ge was surely intimidating this Gary the slimey.
"Nice to meet you both. But I must take this man back inside, our party is not over yet. Come, babe."
"Lisbeth, Gary. Enjoy your dinner. It's nice to see you, Lisbeth. My regards to your parents."
"Yes, sure. See you, Simon." Lisbeth wave a little, boy how I loved her expression seeing us walking away hand-in-hand across the lobby. Captain's order about being super lowkey was down in the gutter. I loved being taken care of, being naughty, being bratty. And he still loved me. Jason was my emotional resort, he knew what to do even without asking me. It was surprising on how long had we been officially together.

The incident just added more reasons for me to... incline more to be free. Free to chose. And I definitely chose to love the one my heart loved. The one by my side, whose hand wrapped mine.