18: Smooth Road

[Simon]

Just before dinner time while I was changing my clothes, someone knocked my door. 
"Coming!!" I yelled from the bathroom.
"Hey, Simon! You've got delivery. The officer at the gate asked you to get it."
"What delivery?" I answered the door and it was Zaki, one of my team for today.
"I don't know. Just get it, bro. You sure you didn't order food or something on-line?"
"No. I didn't order anything." 
"Birthday?"
"No. Mine is still few months ahead."
"Girlfriend? She must miss you terribly." I laughed. He was a bit too nosy, just as most of us did.
"Don't have any."
Suddenly Zaki changed his expression. Alarmed.
"Wait, Simon. Do you remember today's briefing about potential dangers? If you don't have any girlfriend, you didn't order anything, and you've got something delivered." Well... makes sense.
"So, what we're gonna do? Report it to Captain?"
"I'll go with you to the gate and let's check. We'll decide after we see it first. Come on." Then we ran a bit to the front gate. 

My heart skipped some beatings as I saw him just outside the check-point gate

My heart skipped some beatings as I saw him just outside the check-point gate. In black. With .. what the fuck is he doing, standing right there with a big flower bouquet?? His smile just froze my legs and feet and .. my brain obviously. Zaki turned to me and he was shocked to see me shocked.. whatever it meant. I lost my words, as always whenever I was around that man. That Jason man.

"Man... Simon, are you OK? You know him?"
I closed my eyes and inhaled, then exhaled... tried not to panic. Then as I open my eyes, I saw the officer at the gate gave me signal to come closer.
"I'm OK. I know that man." I was suddenly busy to find possible ways to explain to Zaki. As I reached the officer and gave proper salute, he open the gate to let me step out. 

"Good evening, Officer Simon Gong Jun." It was so hard to hold back my junior just by hearing his voice. I really wanted to slap it hard. How dare you betray me.
"Eh.. Wh.. What are you doing? I'm not allowed to see anyone." He smiled widely.
"I miss you."
"Are you out of mind? I could get into trouble."
"Don't worry too much." He snapped my forehead with his fingers... "I've been here before, Simon. I have my special pass." Oh.. yeah.. that's right. The uniform. I forgot who he was.
"Then, what do you want? It's already dinner time and we had to be there at the dining hall."
"Simon.." He gave me the flowers to my chest with one hand and the other hand lifted up my chin so our eyes met. It raised my blood up to my face. And to my Xiao Jun in the south part. What would Zaki and other officers around us think... How could I explain?
"Wait.. People.. they're... looking.." I stammered nervously. 
"Relax, babe. I miss you and I just want to see you. I have to go away for few days, and I want to see you before I go."
"Away?" He fucking chuckled.. Something funny on my face, maybe?
"What, Simon? Would you miss me?"
"Hold on.. no." Yes.. my 'no' sounds pretty lame. And I didn't know why it seemed like I was .. clingy? 
"I'll be back before the flowers withered, OK? Just promise me something."
"Huh?" 
"You are such adorable this way. No wonder everyone loves you, especially Hayden."
"Hey... What do you know about us?"
"Enough to know that it makes me like you more and more." My eyes were just as wide as the stop sign behind me. Something Aleena said about him being whipped.
"Knock it off..." I dropped my gaze in embarrassment. 
"Promise me to think about me, about us."
"No can't do. I can get killed." Stupid words. And of course, he laughed.
"OK.. OK.. sorry about that. Promise me that you'll take care of yourself, and stay safe. Stay alive. For those who love you very much. Such as the Liem family and.. of course me."
"Fine. Now I have to go back inside. I don't like people talking." I turned and his hand was suddenly grabbed mine, pulling me to his car.
"Hey.. "
"Sssh... Aleena sent you something."
"Aleena?" He opened the door and took a bag out. 
"Yes. She said that you missed her cooking. And she has made your favorite. May I know what it is?" I grinned happily. His face was just amused and it was ... strangely fun to see. I thought I was crazy.
"It's Kwe Tiauw. Thanks. Uh.. gotta go now." He smiled but also looked a bit sad.
"I'll see you soon, baobei." It was weird, to be honest. I didn't hate it anymore, him calling me babe or baby or baobei. Not that I liked it... I was too big and too old to babied by anyone. It was just.. I didn't hate it.
"Good night." Before I realized anything, he just smacked his lips on mine.
"Now, go. Miss me, will you?" He just smirked seeing me still frozen by his smooch. He turned my shoulders toward the gate, pushed me gently, and patted my ass...
"Go, baobei. Don't forget to breathe." I turned my face back to him to curse as protest, he slammed his lips once more on mine. He stole a kiss... again?? I started walked toward the gate and I slipped myself at the small opening of the gate. The officer gave casual salute to the man behind me. Then I heard the car left.