27: The Mission (part 2)

[Jason]

The second my baby recognized the man on the screen, it was like the blood drained out of his face. Who the hell is that man?

"Baobei, you know that man?" I pulled him from behind. He held my hands on his chest. I couldn't see his eyes, but from his muscle tense and his loud heart beat on my chest, I figured he was shocked.
"Gou. Shen Gou of Gou Industry. Lisbeth's father." His voice was croaked. He shook his head as he couldn't believe what we saw. I turned to Stephen beside us.
"So, he really has grudge on you or Liem LaoShi, Stephen." I spoke to Stephen without releasing my tight embrace on stiff body of my angel.
Stephen nod. He took out his cellphone and started dialing furiously. I let him do whatever must be done to fix the damage. Simon suddenly made a move to Bai Yu.
"Yu Ge, can you pull the company's data regarding the business deal with Gou Industry?"
"Yes. Anything else?"
"I will find something with Garry Lee the slimey."
"Babe, who's Garry Lee?"
"Ge, remember the guy we met with Lisbeth?"
"Yeah, what about him? Oh.. yeah that's the Garry Lee."
"Lisbeth told me a bit about Garry and his family, the reason why they had dinner there. She said that the dinner was to celebrate a business deal between Gou Industry and new partner. Garry was the child of the said partner. So we need to hack Gou's database." 
"Whoa.. hold on, babe. Let's see what Bai Yu and Stephen's team do, but please don't do things against the laws. "
"Excuse me, gentlemen.." Alex squished into the heated discussion. 
"Some ideas, Alex?"
"I just found out who Garry Lee is."
"And?" I gave sign to Alex to continue, but it was my baby who read fast on the pad screen, he took it from Alex and replied to my question.
"Ge, listen. Garry Lee is the sole heir of Samudra Berjaya Ltd. The company just lost the big deal with Indonesian state-owned company, Pertamina. It was just last month. Meanwhile, you.. Stephen Chow of EaStar Ltd. got the contract for 10 years shipping the crude oil from Pertamina. Am I right?"
"Yes, that's right." Stephen was surprised.
"It's a starting point. We'll dig them deep and vast. I guess we can end this sooner than I expected."  

My baby is really super brat, I'm a proud Daddy for certain. 

This 'shadow team' was not merely child playpen. They were gems in security industry, Zee the hacker, Alex the profiler, and Simon as analyst and strategic planner. Not to forget Simon was a great fighter, too. Only three of them, oh.. yeah.. I completely forgot Hanson and Benny, five of them already set the foundation of a security company. I know.. I know... I am but a businessman. I saw an opportunity before my eyes. They were almost as good as my security department in my main office in Shang Hai. Here, we had only five persons while I had about fifty staffs with security expertise, in a mere hours they were able to pull on-point diagnose. They even didn't have proper equipments to dig deep. I just saw some laptops and pads. My team in Shanghai was equiped with sophisticated computer system and direct connection to our satelite. I glanced at Stephen, his expression said the same awe. I turned back to Alex and my baby. 

"Thanks, Alex. So, babe, can we assume that Shen Gou intended to show his new business partner kind of goodwill?"
"Could be. But we have to check Gou Industry, too. Just to make sure that it's just kinda solidarity to their new partner or something more."
"And find out why they insinuated there was a closed deal under the table with the police force." This time was Zee. And he had a strike point, too. If the posted headline was to attack EaStar, Liem LaoShi was the wrong person at the wrong place. I believed it was not that simple. It hid something more, my gut feeling was hardly ever wrong.

 It hid something more, my gut feeling was hardly ever wrong