Chapter Seven

Kylo was debating whether or not he should throw his piano in the trash

    The instrument itself was beautiful. Kylo couldn't remember specific details because it was purchased from an antique dealer years ago. Still, he remembered being told that it was handcrafted and custom-made for the previous owner. The bench was comfortable even for him and chairs hardly ever were.

    There was no reason for him ever to want to get rid of it before.

    But after the moment he shared with you, you were the only thing he thought of when he walked into his living room and saw the piano proudly sitting in the corner.

    Earlier, he sat down on his couch with the online version of the Chicago newspaper he read every morning and a cup of coffee when he had the overwhelming feeling that there was an intruder in his home.

    Kylo wasn't sure if he was fortunate or unfortunate that there was, in fact, no one else in the house with him.

It was just that fucking piano.

    Kylo couldn't focus on the article he was reading because he was too preoccupied with the mental image of the two of you sitting close to each other, touching. He could still feel how soft your skin was under his palm, the sweet way that you smelled, and the feeling of your lips against his.

    If he thought that he was in danger before when he touched himself to the thought of you, he knew that he was off the deep end now.

    Although he'd been intrigued by you, Kylo always viewed you as young and vapid. You cared about parties and shopping and frat boys. He assumed that you didn't have anything of substance to offer besides how gorgeous you were.

    This view of you wasn't enough to turn him off. But after the brief talk that the two of you shared, when you told him that you felt pressured to act the way you did, Kylo wondered how much you were hiding from him.

    You were previously just a way for him to spend his time. Kylo couldn't worry about his past or whether or not he had the strength to stop sabotaging his future if he was only worried about how badly he wanted to fuck you.

    But now that he saw glimpses of who you really were, Kylo was not just obsessed with the idea of being inside of you. He was also obsessed with the idea of getting to know every part of you.

Kissing you only ignited the flame that Kylo started burning for you. As intoxicated by it as he was, he was nervous to discover how much destruction would occur as he chased the fire.

While Kylo spent his morning thinking about you, in your home right beside his, you were doing the same: thinking of him.

You were also reading the same way that Kylo was. Only, you weren't reading a newspaper from a town over twenty-four hours away. You were reading a book written by Kylo Ren himself.