Chapter Twenty-Two

(Hi everyone! No warnings for this chapter

(Hi everyone! No warnings for this chapter. Thank you for the patience, as always. Check out my other Kylo AU, Strange Love, while you wait for updates and keep an eye out for a new story soon! If you're over 18 and want to join my discord, let me know. Also follow me on social media (Twitter and insta: worm_girll)(tik tok: worm...girl) ily bye!!)

~

When you slept soundly enough, your dreams played out like a painting. There wasn't enough energy for the plot, just feelings, images, a vibration.

Red. Vanilla. Smoke. Cherries. Ribbon.

Piano music played softly, a song you didn't recognize but somehow knew.

Large hands playing with the keys; Large hands playing with you.

Soft. Warm. Deep. Secure.

A low, melodic voice called out to you. It was him.

You didn't know where he was, but you knew it was him.

You heard it again, more urgent-

"Do you like pancakes or waffles?" Professor Ren asked beside you with the hotel phone pressed to his ear. His eyes were barely open, squinting at the room service menu on the nightstand next to him.

"Hm?" You asked with a deep inhale, his question pulling you out from your comforting slumber and into the real world.

"Pancakes or waffles?" He asked you again.

The worker on the other line heard it and assumed he was adding it to his order. "No, not you." Kylo corrected them, running an irritated hand over his face. "Sorry. I'm asking my..." He trailed off, glancing over at you.

What were you? Well, you were his next-door neighbor and student with who he was paying to have sex with him. But he knew it was more than that (and he wouldn't have been able to say it anyway).

You weren't his girlfriend. Were you? No. That didn't make sense. Did it?

"Sir?" The worker asked on the other end.

"Sorry. I-um," Kylo sighed, hearing you begin to snore again quietly. "One second."

Pressing the phone against his chest to muffle the sound, Kylo put a gentle hand on the top of your head, rubbing his fingers against your scalp to wake you up without startling you.

Drifting back off into your safe dreamworld, the feeling of his fingers massaging into your hair caused you to let out a sleepy, pleased chuckle, only making you fall deeper.