Chapter Nineteen

(Depending on when you're reading this, this message might be irrelevant, but if you're reading in real-time, I just wanted to thank you for your patience! Updates this last month or so have been slower than usual, but I'm getting back to a regula...

(Depending on when you're reading this, this message might be irrelevant, but if you're reading in real-time, I just wanted to thank you for your patience! Updates this last month or so have been slower than usual, but I'm getting back to a regular schedule now. This story means a lot to me, and no matter how long it takes between updates, I am dedicated to finishing it exactly the way I have planned.

If you're looking for something to read in between updates, I have a new Kylo Ren AU called Strange Love. I'm really excited about that one, and it would mean a lot to me if you checked it out! Okay. Enjoy <3)

(Warnings: Nothing in particular. Just Professor Ren being Professor Ren. You should know what you're getting into at this point, but as always, feel free to message me before you read if you want details.)

    Professor Ren's house smelled like cigarettes and vanilla, hints of something resembling cologne or mint.

    It was so specific to him that sometimes when you were in public, walking around campus, you'd inhale a note of it from another source, such as a coffee shop or someone who sprayed too much perfume, and you'd search for him.

    Sitting at his kitchen table as you looked over the homework you were working on, you were taking a moment to process it; how much it comforted you.

    Everything about Professor Ren was becoming a comfort. The way he smelled, the way he looked at you, touched you...

    "What the hell is this?" Kylo's voice asked you in a condescending tone, snapping you out of the words you were pretending to look at your laptop screen in front of you.

    To hear him speak to you that way and ask you a question that seemed so pointed made your stomach drop. It was almost as if he could read your thoughts and knew that your mind was wandering to all the ways he had made you moan before.

You scrambled as you glanced over at him, eyes widening slightly until you realized what he was referring to.

    Then, you physically relaxed, exhaling.

    "An energy drink." You said simply, smirking as you watched him look it over.

    You ran into Kylo as you came home from your morning class late in the afternoon. He was on his front lawn, getting mail when he saw you:

Kylo glanced around him, ensuring there wasn't anyone on the sidewalk or visible from your house. When it seemed as if the coast was clear, he motioned you towards him with a slight smirk.

You knew him well enough by now, but that didn't mean that butterflies didn't erupt throughout your body every time he acknowledged you.

"Can you tell me if this mail belongs to your house? It isn't addressed to me." He lied as you walked towards him, saving face on the off chance someone was overhearing the conversation, attempting to make it seem more innocent.