Chapter Sixteen

Tonight was a night of many firsts

The first time a party got out of hand at your house.

    The first time you smoked a cigarette with Professor Ren.

    The first time that he spoke openly about his feelings.

    And the first time that Kylo admitted he was falling for you.

After such an intense admission, neither of you wanted to move from each other. You continued to sit at the kitchen table for almost half an hour after the discussion the two of you had where Kylo opened up about his past and feelings.

You'd been sitting on his lap beside his kitchen table, wrapped in his arms, when Kylo's lips brushing against your neck turned into a smile, a low rumble of laughter leaving his chest as he pulled you closer to him.

    "What's funny?" You had asked with a slight pout, running your fingers through his hair.

    Kylo paused, kissing your skin briefly and softly. "You smell like beer."

    You rolled your eyes, tugging on his hair slightly in response. Not exactly romantic.

"I told you someone poured one on me." You argued.

    Kylo hummed in amusement, nose brushing against your jawline as he left behind kisses. He pulled back so that he could look at you. He stared at you for a few moments, admiring how it felt to have you so close.

    You tried not to giggle at how he was looking at you, feeling nervous fluttering in your chest.

    "Let's get you in the bath, hm?" Kylo suggested gently, fingers running up and down your side from where he was holding you tightly. "I can't send you back home like this." He teased you.

    You raised your eyebrows in surprise. Taking a bath at Professor Ren's?

    "I don't want to ever go back home." You teased him back, only partially meaning it. The thought of going back to that house after the party that was taking place did seem like hell, but you also would love to never have to leave Kylo.

    Kylo's smile faltered a bit. "You know you can come here whenever you need to get away, don't you?" He asked, "I'm sure it gets overwhelming over there."

    You didn't say anything, averting your eyes from his.

    Many times, you felt like you didn't belong in the sorority house with your roommates.

    Kylo could see your mind turning, the way that you seemed just a tiny bit less excited. He squeezed his hand on your side gently. "I want to get you upstairs. Run you a nice bath. It's the least I can do after everything you listened to me rant about."