Chapter Thirteen

(Warnings: alcoholism/relapsing

(Warnings: alcoholism/relapsing. Kylo is a lil aggressive and not in a fun way. As always, message me if you want more info before starting.)

When you woke up, you thought that you were still dreaming.

    It didn't seem possible that you spent the entire night wrapped in Professor Ren's arms.

    The two of you always had to make up excuses to see each other, and the time you had always felt fleeting. To have hours with the ability to just relax and be close was unreal.

    You woke up only once in the middle of the night when he shifted and repositioned your body against his chest. You had barely been coherent, but you were awake enough to take in the fact that Kylo was snoring slightly, sound asleep, and he was holding you tighter than he ever had before.

    You were convinced that you could've spent the rest of your life this way; in bed with him, alone and safe.

    Kylo woke up at the same time as you. It was still dark out and the city outside was quiet.

You had accidentally fallen asleep with one of the curtains parted, liking how the buildings looked at night. Even so, the only source of light in the room was from Kylo's phone screen, his alarm blaring and breaking both of you out of your moments of bliss.

You made a noise of discomfort, putting a hand over your ear in an attempt to stop listening to the infuriating tone that signaled it was time to start the day.

"Press snooze." You mumbled, your face pressed against the soft material of his shirt. You could feel the muscles in his chest flexing as he attempted to reach over your body to grab his phone on the nightstand beside you.

"Shh," Kylo grunted. You weren't sure if he was 'shushing you because you were talking too loud or because he was attempting to comfort you.

Having responsibilities when it came to setting things up for the conference, Kylo needed to get up much earlier than he personally enjoyed. It was barely past five in the morning.

He fumbled as he grabbed the phone, only one eye open as he squinted in the dark, almost dropping it on you in the process. "Christ," Kylo said in a grumpy tone, silencing the alarm.

You giggled softly, wrapping your arm tighter around him and burying your face against him. If you weren't so tired, this blatant act of affection would make you nervous and you were sure that it would make him apprehensive as well.

But the two of you weren't thinking logically; you were barely thinking at all yet.

Kylo settled back into bed with a groan, staring up at the ceiling. Despite himself, his arms instantly went around you again, holding you just as close as he had been in his sleep. Despite this being very much out of his comfort zone, you were warm and comforting.