Run As I Do

[A/N: Just one phrase needed here, "Xiao is SPEED" *zooms away*]

......................................................

Heavy rains fells sharp like needles to crash into Lumine's, the adepti, and the Qixing's faces. Winds howled as if Dvalin's mighty draconic roar had summoned them forth as the waves rumbled and towered high. Thunder boomed and lightning crashed as the citizens and visitors alike scrambled to evacuate and protect those that needed aid. Meanwhile before the onlookers before a massive platform of pure solid energy manifested itself through Ningguang's efforts. With the aid of Cloud Retainer the ballistas manifested onto the platforms before she along with Moon Carver and Mountain Shaper all took up arms at one of the three ballistas. They took aim at the Overlord of The Vortex without a speck of mercy, letting loose vicious lances of light. Osial's howls of agony rang like the grinding of stone against stone to Lumine's ears from where she stood beside Keqing, Ganyu, and Xiao. Paimon not far away from her blond friend's side. 

Keqing was a young woman in her very late teens to early twenties of average height and a commanding, if not arrogant air to her. Her lilac hair done up in now not so neat pigtail buns on each side of her head as her sharp gaze observed the scene nervously. On the other side was the half qilin adeptus, Ganyu. A pair of smooth, small goat-like horns protruded from her soft light blue hair that flailed in the wind. With kind but firm frosted lilac eyes as she kept her bow close at hand. But they all turned alert at the sight of strange portals appearing out of nowhere.

Like ants creeping out from their nest out came agents of the Fatui. Each had to be at least middle to high ranking Fatui by the looks of them. Ranging from maidens to everything in-between by the looks of things. "Shoot this isn't good."hissed Lumine.

"Eek! Look, the Fatui are attacking the Guizhong Ballistas!"Paimon hastily pointed out.

"Not on my watch their not."Lumine hissed, adrenaline still coursing through her veins and thankful for it. Otherwise she knew her wounds from Golden House would hinder her more then she wanted. Heck moving right now was painful as her muscles and body just screamed in fury at her. But she would have to ignore it as she bolted forward with sword in hand. 

"Right behind you, Traveler."piped up Keqing as she made a vee-line for her target. "I got the one on the right, you take the remaining ones." Keqing's voice then rang strong as she shouted orders to the Millith, "All abled Millith, with me!"

"Right!"Lumine called as she leaped right into the fray sending out a twister of anemo before making boulder of geo fall.

"We adepti have not faced a god in several millennia."huffed Cloud Retainer. She like the others knew just how much time Lumine had been spending around their little Xiao as she and Guizhang liked to call him. Cloud Retainer also noticed the look on Xiao's face, his eyes never leaving Lumine as she danced across the battlefield with the fierceness of a tiger and the grace of a bird in flight. Fatui fell at her feet like leaves in the wind. It was sort of nostalgic; Even Mountain Shaper and Moon Carver had taken noticed this simple blonde mortal had some how earned the favor of the Slayer of Demons. Or...was it more? She wanted to witness. 

"Don't go counting us out yet, Cloud Retainer you just focus on Osial. I'll watch your back."Lumine called sending one of the pyro snipers flying with a good kick to the face and a blast from her wind. Oh she so wanted to strangle Childe for this later for this stunt, regardless if it was his orders he had to follow or not.

"Hmph. Fine then, one wishes to see what you are made of Traveler. What strength remains within you, one does wish to bare witness the one that holds the favor of the Yaksha!"Cloud Retainer cried adamantly.