Chapter 18

My hearing was muffled. I was awake but not that awake. The taste of smoke was still in my mouth from the fire. I could hear voices but not what they were saying. I felt someone lift up my head and put it on there lap. They put a cold pack on my head and I started to wake up.

I can see clearly now... but this isn't the person I was expecting. I know who this is even if their mask never leaves their face. The crazy teenager with a hatchet. I can slightly see his dark eyes through his goggles. They warned me about him. 'He's insane' they said. But now...he's here and I can tell not for a good reason.

"I've heard a lot about you." His voice was muffled but I could hear him clearly.

"What did you do? Where is everyone?"

"Oh don't worry they're safe... For now." A smirk creeped onto his face. He was the one that set the mansion on fire. I stood up, him still on the ground looking up at me. I looked up and saw the giant burnt mansion that I used to call my home.

I couldn't be bothered with the thought of him. As I wonder... Are they ok? And who's voice did I hear.

"Take a picture it will last longer. I'm getting bored." For a guy who should be stuttering he speaks pretty clearly.

"Maybe if you didn't burn it I wouldn't stare. Now what do you want. And why would do this?"

"So many questions... I did this to get you out of there." He didn't want to be hear either I could tell.

"Well duh but why did you want me out?"

"I didn't. Zalgo did. He wants to recruit you because he thinks you have these powers or something. And the only reason I'm here is because I'm getting paid."

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Me, powers? I don't think so.

"So what do you say doll face? Wanna come with or have your dreams be claimed and demented." He questioned in annoyance.

"You're so depressing. What if I don't want to do either?"

"That's where your little friends come in." He's gone too far.

The wind whispers in my ear. Most would find this a hard choice. But not me. I walk over to him.

"Fine. I'll go with you. But I need to see them first."