I'm trying to get to you but time isn't on my side.

ALEX'S POV

My girlfriend was called Luna. She used to dye her hair blonde which didn't really matter to me, had really big green eyes that matched her hair, a tiny but cute nose and kissable lips. Her skin was really soft, always. She wasn't one of those really hot chicks, I must say she was plain, but again, it didn't really matter to me. 

She was really funny- we met at the park, she was wearing a pretty light green dress which reached just above her knees. She was running like crazy up and down the slides until she saw me standing there, just laughing at what I was seeing at the moment. 

She was romantic, kind and everything a guy could ask for in a girl. I was slowly getting into men though, which led me to involuntarily diminish my feelings for her. I couldn't say that I loved her, because I honestly didn't. I couldn't love anyone, I didn't think I ever could. 

It isn't like I didn't want to love someone, but the idea of someone loving me terrified my insides. 

Was love that strange feeling surrounding my body every time I saw Luna waiting for me at my locker early in the morning? I really hoped it wasn't because I couldn't take it for much longer. 

I didn't want to break her heart -if there was any possibility of her loving me- but I didn't want to possibly -most probably not- ever cheat on her either. What kind of seven months boyfriend does that to his girlfriend? Only pricks man, only pricks.

‘Every child, kid, teen or adult is loved by their parents -at least a tiny bit’ told me Luna as we lay down together in bed. I kept my gaze away from her, not looking at her but I knew she was frowning. She was the only person who I could talk to about my life –she’s supposed to know about my personal life, right? Well, I told her about my dad, that he hated me but she obviously told me that it wasn’t true and I knew it wasn’t.

My dad didn’t hate me, he couldn’t, but he was a short-tempered man, always yelling and pointing out other people’s flaws and things he thought were bad for ‘humanity’. I couldn’t stand him half of the time, I would go to my room and entertain myself until my mom would come to my room and talk to me about her job, her little group of friends and how stupid my dad was being all the time.

My mom and I were really close, we were like siblings –some people even got confused about our relationship because of my mom’s age –she was quite young, maybe that’s why we always acted like little kids. I could tell her everything that was going on in my relationship with Luna, what I thought about my dad or why my grades were so low.

My mom was everything to be honest. When my dad was at work and my mom our kitty and I were at home, we would meow to call each other, talk in a childish voice, play hide and seek with our kitty and jumps on each other’s back whenever we wanted to. She was and still is the most important thing in the world for me.

This guy named Jack asked for a picture of me, I groaned as a reply knowing that he couldn't hear me. I wasn't that photogenic so I didn't use to take pictures of myself. I sent him a picture where me and my girlfriend were in bed, the sheets over our bodies as we hugged each other. I hope he didn't get to see that she was just wearing a bra, which is fine, not in a sexual way, she felt comfortable wearing just her underwear around my place, so did I. I guess you're wondering if we had ever have sex, well my answer is no.

Jack told me that he really had to leave this time and that he wouldn’t be online for the rest of the night, which led me to turn my laptop off and go downstairs to meet my mum in the living room.

“Hey” I said as I flopped on the couch next to her. She flicked a few channels on the TV and smiled back at me. She turned her gaze to the TV as my phone went off with the sound of ‘Always’ by Sum 41. I slipped my hand into my skinny’s pocket and grabbed it, reading that Luna was calling me, probably to meet up sometime soon but considering that it was almost 9PM, I had no intention to do anything like that.