Nowhere.

JACK'S POV

The line was dead in a blink of an eye. The only sound coming from the other side of the line was the loud beep notifying that there was no signal between the two phones, Alex's probably shattered into pieces by then, causing the signal to disappear.

There was no shouting, no whining, no sound of the train crashing into anything; there was no Alex anymore.

"Mum!" I screamed for my mum's attention while I rushed downstairs and into the kitchen where she was cooking lunch.

She instantly turned on her heels, looking at me and instantly asking what happened while she put the pan she was holding away.

"A- Alex" I cried. "He was coming to visit a- and the train crashed. Mu- Mum, I need to go there a- and check on him" I sobbed as my mum opened her arms and embraced me in a tight hug.

"What do you want me to do, Jack? We don't even know where he is right now, we can't just drive and hope to find him somewhere near the pavement. I'm sure ambulances took him and his friends to the nearest hospital already. Don't worry about him okay? He'll be fine" She assured me.

"I'm going to ca- call his parents. Could I go to see him if I- I found out where the hospital is?" I asked crying.

"But what if Alex didn't- I- yes, Jack" I nodded my head, not being able to say a word without letting out a sob along with it.

We stayed like that; me sobbing into my mum's shoulder and her running her fingers through my hair to try to calm me, until my dad got home from work. We pulled away as he turned the lock and I ran upstairs to my room.

I heard whispers coming from the kitchen where my mum and I stood before; she was most likely telling my dad what had happened to Alex, excluding the part of both of us liking each other, knowing that my dad wouldn't approve that.

Zack and Rian had called and texted me asking what was going on but I always told them off, I was grateful for them but I wasn't in the mood and I couldn't be bothered to have them worrying about me all day.

I told them that I was okay, that I was going to be okay and not to worry about me.

Gato made a move and accidentally hit me with his head; I took that as a signal to stand up from the floor where I had been lying for the past hour, sobbing and blaming myself for Alex's recent accident. He wouldn't have stepped inside that train if we hadn't met online. It was me who he was going to visit, it was me who attracted him and pushed him to come here so we could meet each other in person. He and his friends would have gone somewhere else if they hadn't known about Alex and I's relationship.

I reached for my laptop, turned it on and took a look at Alex's Skype information where he had written down his home phone number. I typed the digits on my phone and held it against my ear. Alex's mum picked up after three impatient beeps on the other side of the line.

"Hello?" She said. Her voice was soft and she seemed quite young guessing just by her voice.

"Hello, this is Jack? Jack Barakat? I don't know if Alex has told you about me" I said, suddenly feeling insecure about everything.

Like Alex had told me before; he completely trusted his mum with everything he had, and always told her everything that was going on in his life. It is true that I lived thousands of miles away, but I was part of his life now, somehow.

"Yes, he has. Alex isn't at home right no-"

"I know. Have you contacted him yet?" I didn't want to sound selfish or anything along those lines, but I was terrified and preoccupied just as his mother was if not more, I just wanted to make sure he was okay.