She knows

"I am gay."

"Hey hey, it's ok! It won't change how I view you! I love you for you," Kate said in a soft and comforting tone. I could tell her genuinity, her eyes were soft and true.

"Thank you for telling us! We love you and support you," AJ said, his voice warm.

"You're what?" Brittany said it in a harsh tone that made me jolt when she spoke.

"I'm gay." I said in a questioning tone, not really knowing what she will say after.

Brittany grabbed her phone and ran off without saying a word. While running off she looked like she was placing numbers in her phone. As if she was calling someone. But out of nowhere I heard a faint yell.

"You are disgusting!"

I don't understand. I don't like her. This is what I was afraid of. Someone was going to react this way and I would be ostracized from this small society. I just wish she'd elaborate on how I'm disgusting. How is something as small as liking who I want to like disgusting?

I started to feel tears streaming down my face. They left hot trails burning down my face. The red settled upon my cheeks, warm and shameful. I don't understand what I did wrong. I was always nice to her even though she treated me like trash. And now she is just throwing me away. I did love her. She was still one of my best friends. We had great memories hanging out. I just can't comprehend this. Not right now.

I ran away with napkins in one hand and my phone in the other. Hearing the soft tones of Kate's soft voice behind me, trying to calm me as I rush to the bathroom to get away. Not to get away from Kate. I love Kate. Kate made me feel the way that Angel used to make me feel. She makes me forget about what was happening in the real world. She makes me feel secure, she just relaxes me with the soft resonance of her voice. The way she spoke was my escape.

BAM!

What happened? Why is my shirt wet? Wet.
I sit up with my head aching. Aching? What did I do? I open my eyes to only see bright white lights. A few seconds later I could see all the people and food. Food? Oh wait, I'm in the lunchroom. But the food is on me. Gosh my head hurts. What did I do? I just remembered running and I remember Kate.

"Do you need some help, darling?" Kate reached her hand out to me and I clung onto her hand. Her hand was so soft and delicate. When she lifted me up it felt like I was in a fairy tail, floating on the clouds, with the smell of sweet strawberries in the air. It was intoxicating my lungs just like Kate was with my mind. I can't get her out of my head. Gosh do I wish I was in the fairytale lands right now. My new white blouse is covered in cheese sauce and my hair is coated in apple sauce.

"Come on, let's go to the bathroom, why don't we?" Kate said as she let go of my hand. We trotted to the bathroom and we locked ourselves in.

"Here let's get you all cleaned up!" She tore off several sheets of paper towel and gently whipped off the food dripping from my hair and clothes.

"Okay," I said shyly.

"Hey Aleah?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to use my sweatshirt?"

"No no it's your sweatshirt."

"I have a shirt underneath my sweatshirt and your blouse is all ruined, take it." Kate said while handing me her baby blue hoodie. It had a black stain on it from when we were little. The hoodie smelled like sweet strawberries and in all it just smelled like her.

My phone buzzed from inside my back pocket, nearly giving me a heart attack. My hands shakily reached in and pulled it out.

I read the message and my heart performed its next acrobatic trick. My mom. My mom? She's at work, why would she text me? Is something wrong?

~~~~~

Mother of Me:)

I am getting food from the store.
Do you want anything?

Sure, Can you get me some chips?

Sure, love you.
Read at 2:58 PM Yesterday

Today 12:09 AM

I am picking you up.
I'm so disappointed in you.

~~~~~

Wait? What? What did I do? I didn't do anything wrong? I text her back

~~~~~

Mother of Me:)

Today 12:09 AM

I am picking you up.
I'm so disappointed in you.

What did I do?

~~~~~

I show Kate the messages, she is puzzled too.

Another ding came from my phone and the message showed, bright and taunting.

~~~~~

Mother of Me:)

Today 12:09 AM

I am picking you up.
I'm so disappointed in you.

What did I do?

I know what you told your friends about.
You just wait until dad gets home.
Read at 12:11 AM