Mr. Loverman

I woke up to see Kate was still asleep while cuddling me. She was keeping me warm and I didn't want to move. But I did flip around to see her face. I saw her sleeping ever so peacefully with her long hair in her face. I tucked the hair behind her ear and started to realize how much I loved her. I wanted to tell Kate about how I felt but I am way too scared. I mean I know she likes me back but still. Like what if she is just lying to AJ. I just don't know how to feel.

"Mhmm~" I started to hear Kate wake up and she started to rub her eyes.

"Good morning darling! How did you sleep?" Kate said to me in her sleepy voice and it made me melt into her arms.

"Pretty good! I thought I wasn't going to be able to fall asleep but I think I fell asleep in the car," I said while scratching the back of my neck because I knew I was lying.

"Oh yeah you did! I had to carry you in! It was no problem at all though," Kate said with a slight giggle.

We sat in silence for a minute before I spoke up again. "I think I'm going to go and make some breakfast."

"Ok thank you! I'm going to take a quick shower," Kate said while we both rolled out of bed.

I started to walk down the stairs and I turned on the stove. I was really craving some pancakes with blueberries so I decided to make that. I didn't know if Kate likes blueberries in her pancakes so I made a few plain ones just in case. I also cut up some fruit and poured out some apple juice. Once I was done setting up breakfast, I heard Kate walk down the stairs. She was wearing a cute white skirt that hugged her at the hips and then it flowed out. She was wearing a light blue jacket with a white tank top under. Her hair was down to her mid back and it swayed when she walked.

"Blueberry pancakes! I love those," Kate said with excitement and started to hurry over to the table.

"Haha, yeah! I didn't know if you liked them or not so I made some plain ones just in case," I said while kind of being a bit surprised.

"Oh it's ok! We can use them as bait when we go fishing," Kate said while scarfing her food down.

"Oh yeah, I forgot that that is today," I said while remembering what we are doing today.

We hurried up and finished our breakfast and started to get ready to go fishing. I decided to just go in my clothes that I wore yesterday because I'm lazy. Kate went to go and grab our fish supplies while I cleaned up the dishes. Once I was done with the dishes, I went to go help Kate carry everything down to the lake.

It was about a five minute walk but today it was really nice outside so I didn't mind. Once we got there, I set down the foldable chairs while Kate got the fishing poles ready. Kate put a small piece of pancake on the hook and casted the pole and then handed it to me. The pole was white and blue when we first got it but now the white was more of an off white color. The other pole that Kate was getting ready is a black and orange color. Once she was done putting the pancake on, she casted the pole and sat down in her chair.

After sitting for about 15 minutes, I started to get a bite on my hook. I felt the fish fully bite down on the hook and I started to reel in the fish. It didn't take too long to reel in the fish so Kate was hurrying up to get the cooler ready. I pulled in the bass and I took out the hook and Kate put the fish in the cooler for dinner later tonight. I put another small piece of pancake on my hook and casted it out.