End of the Line

The hospital was scary. The walls were all white and there were needles and medicines all around. Eve sat in a chair beside her son, holding his hand as he slept. Her head rested on his bed as she counted each brother he took, never wanting to forget them.

The bed was damp below her cheek. Tears just didn't stop coming though she'd stopped sobbing. She couldn't lose her baby. Not again.

"Mom..." The teen cooed, his eyes cracking open. "Mom...."

Eve sat up and she sniffled, wiping her eyes and offering a small, sad smile. "I'm right here baby bee... I'm right here."

Elliot gripped her hand and slowly turned to face her. "H-hey..." He choked out, his voice raspy and broken.

"Hey angel..." She whispered and kissed his hand. "How are you feeling? Any better?"

He raised his free Han and rocked it back and forth. "So so... Throat hurts."

"I know." She whispered and stroked his cheek. "You scared me you know... Thought I was gonna lose you." She whimpered and wiped he eyes.

"I'm... I'm sorry mom.." He whispered and looked into her eyes. "I'm so sorry mom."

Eve shook her head and kissed his cheek. "It's okay... Just don't do it again." She cried harder.

He pulled her close and sniffled. "I won't I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..." He repeated over and over again.

A few hours passed and Elliot was sitting up in his bed, still on suicide watch but talking with his counselor while Eve walked down to the cafe to get coffee, her eyes landing on a familiar face. Anger twisted in her guy and she growled, walking quickly to the boy and his father as they tried to enter the hospital. "What the hell are you doing here!?"

Malcolm looked up almost shocked. "Eve... Oh good... It's... You look well."

She dropped her coffee and slapped him across the face. "How dare either of you show your faces here."

Malcolm bit his lip and cringed while Nathan looked down. "I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry!? That's doesn't mean anything!! You almost killed my son!" Eve raged and growled. "I almost lost him again! You're a child! You're evil and dark! Both of you!" The woman hissed.

Nathan shook his head. "I was being insecure and I-"

"Shut the fuck up." Her eyes were dark.

Malcolm took a step back as well as his son, Eve was so sweet, she wasn't the kind of person to behave like this without reason. "Eve we came to see him, to apologize."

"You won't go anywhere near him." She stood up taller. "Neither f you will ever see him again. Or me. Leave."

Nathan shook his head and ran past the doors in a swift motion, Eve following in suit.

Nathan made it to the psych wing, eyes darting about when he spotted Elliot. "El!! El!" He called before security surrounded him. "Let me go! I have to see him!"

"Don't let him anywhere near my son." Eve growled but was interrupted by Elliot standing in the door way.

"Wait.... Wait let him talk." He called softly and the guards sighed, moving away from him. Eve closed her eyes and ran off to the bathroom.

Eliot stood there. "You have... One.. Minute."

Nathan looked him over, staring at the wounds on his neck. "I-I'm so sorry Elliot. I'm so sorry. I was scared and... And I messed up. I didn't think before I acted out of anger... I'm sorry."

Elliot looked him over, slowly stepping towards him with an almost forgiving looks that turned angry in a heartbeat. "You call that an apology? You almost killed someone because the things you said hurt so badly... I can never look at you to same. I can never forgive you for this! You told me everything you felt was a lie!! How am I to trust you ever again!? How am I to give you my love full heartedly and not expect you to leave me!?" Tears began to slip down his cheeks. "I hate you. I can never love you again." He spat.

Nathan looked him over. "Baby don't say that.."

"Don't call me baby." He growled. "Don't touch me, don't look at me, don't talk to me. Get the fuck out and leave me and my mother alone." He pointed to the door and hissed.

The teen back up slowly and nodded, keeping his head down and feeling the glares and heating the whispers from the people around them. He ran right out the door, into his fathers car.

"What happened?"

"I don't want to think about it let's just go." Nathan whimpered and looked back at the hospital. "I'm going to fix this.. I'm going to make him love me again...." He nodded and kept a hand over his heart, counting every beat. He'd be working the rest of his life is it meant getting Elliot back. They went right on through graduation and I to the real world but Nathan never lost hope. He would get his love back.