Chapter 5: Arrival at New York

"The City that never sleeps". 

It's a stormy rainy day in New York City. Thunder crashes in the sky. In a dinner, Audrey and Robbie meet up with Lucy and her family. Her husband, Victor. But they call him, "Animal". And with them is their daughter, Tiffany. She sits down by Animal, and Robbie sits on a chair on a bar. She looks at them.

Audrey: My life sucks.

Lucy: Oh, please. Your life doesn't suck. (Looks at Animal) His life sucks. 

Animal: 'Cause I'm married to you. 

Tiffany: Don't pay attention to her, dad. She's just being crazy as ever.

Audrey: I cannot believe he put the moves on me, after everything I've done for him. 

Robbie: He's an idiot, that's what he is. He thinks he owns the whole thing. 

Lucy: He is scum. As far as he's concerned, you're just a pair of breasts that talk.

Tiffany: Mom!

Animal: Hey, there's an image. 

Lucy: I'm telling you, he is dirt. He's a douche bag, gutter slime, dog crap, puke chunks. 

Animal: Hey, hey, I'm eating. You don't see I'm eating? 

Tiffany: Mom, we all get the picture. 

Robbie: Yeah, Luc. 

Lucy: Audrey, you're too dang nice. That's your problem. Nice gets you nothing in this town. It's dog-eat-dog. You gotta be a killer to get ahead. You know what I'm saying? I'm sorry, baby, but you just don't got what it takes. 

Audrey: (Looks at Animal) You don't think that's true, do ya, Animal? 

Animal: Yeah, pretty much. You're a nice person, you know? Nice guys...finish last. 

Tiffany: I don't think that, Audrey. Really, I don't. 

Robbie: Lucy, you're supposed to be comforting her, not giving her a lecture. 

Audrey: Well, I can be tough if I want.

Lucy: Yeah, sure. (Tries to hold in her laughter)

Audrey: I can!

Lucy, Animal, Tiffany, and Robbie all laugh after hearing what she just said. 

Audrey: I can!

Animal: No, yeah, no. 

Audrey: Whatever.

Robbie then looks at the TV, and sees a news thing going on. 

TV: Amid unconfirmed reports of a crashed Air Force plane. 

Robbie then sees two familiar men on TV, and his eyes widen. 

Robbie: No way...

Audrey: (Hears him and looks at the TV too) Oh, my gosh! (Gets up, and runs to the TV) Oh, my gosh! (To owner) Could you turn that up, please? 

Robbie walks over to the TV, and turns it up. On the TV, is the heroes, along with Nick and Eddie, walking on the pier with the military. 

TV: Went down in a remote and inaccessible location sometime in the last 12 hours. It is not known yet whether or not there are any survivors. 

Audrey: It's Nick.

Robbie: And Eddie. 

Lucy: Who are they?

Robbie: They're both close friends of mine. But I haven't seen or talked to them in eight years. 

Audrey: He was my college sweetie. Wow. They both look so handsome on TV.