Chapter 12: Going after the nest

Robbie is sitting inside his car, smoking. He blows out smoke, and rolls down his window. Rain is still pouring down. He exhales. Today is a very bad day for him. His sister is inside Animal and Lucy's home. In her bedroom, crying. She really regrets for what she did. He sighs, and smokes. Just then, he spots Animal coming back home in his red van. He frowns, seeing that he's getting out in a hurry. He gets out of his car, and follows him into his home. They both go inside after passing some people outside the door on the front porch. They see that the whole place is packed with people. Animal is surprised at this. He and Robbie move carefully around the people as children are shouting and the people are talking while eating, drinking, and sitting down. They also greet them while moving. Animal makes it to his wife while Robbie stands by the counter. 

Animal: Um, honey. 

Lucy: Hi, sweetie!

Animal: (Kisses her cheek) Who the heck are all these people? 

Lucy: What? I couldn't just let them sleep on the street. (Moves to give people food)

Animal: (Stammering) You cou--

Robbie chuckles at this when he heard that. He shakes his head, and he spots Tiffany playing with a couple of little girls. He smiles at that sight. 

Animal: Um-- Where-- Where's Audrey?

Robbie: She's in the bedroom, crying her eyes out. She's really taking it hard after what she did to Nick and Eddie.

Lucy: (Looks at Animal) Yeah, because of you. 

Animal: Me? What did I do?

Lucy: All that "you gotta be vicious" stuff you filled her head with. 

Animal: I fil-- Get outta here. (Looks at Robbie) Can you believe her? 

Robbie: (Scoffs) Lucy, you filled her head too. You know that. 

Lucy: (Sighs) Both of you go in there and talk to her right now. 

Animal: I was agreeing with you. (To man) Excuse us. 

Robbie walks pass some people, and he enters the room first. He sees that she's on the bed, watching on the news about Nick and Eddie's idea of the nest. General Anderson is talking on the news. On the headlines, it says, "They call them Godzilla and Black Tyranno!".

General Anderson on TV: Contrary to some frivolous reporting, we have absolutely no information whatsoever to make us believe that there are any eggs of the creature in the city. There's no need for panic. Repeat, there is no reason to panic. 

Man on TV: Military leaders in charge of operations around Manhattan--

Listening and watching this, Audrey whines and cries more, feeling more guilty. Animal closes the door, and sits on the bed. Robbie sighs as he watches this. He looks at his sister with a frowned look. 

Robbie: You see what you did? You really did it this time. 

Audrey: (Sighing) You're right. It's all my fault. Oh, what have I done, guys? What have I become? Look at me. This isn't me. I don't do stuff like this. (Sobs) 

Animal: You made a mistake. Alright. It happens. 

Audrey: Yeah, well, I just totally screwed-up with the only man who'll ever care about me. 

Robbie comforts her. Animal then takes up, and takes a video camera from a chair, and walks to a bag. 

Animal: If I told you you could make it all up to him and his brother, would you?

Audrey: Of course, I would. 

Animal: Alright. So get this. After they left you and Robbie in the street there, I kinda followed them. Figured I'd talk some sense into the guys, you know?