Chapter 9: He's pregnant

Back in New Jersey, the heroes arrive back after the fight. Sora walks to Winter.

Sora: How many soldiers died?

Winter: Only ten. And six wounded. Only two soldiers survived from the jeeps when they got cooked. 

Riku: Dang. 

As they talk, Yuu and Miki see Caiman talking in front of the camera. Animal is with him.

Caiman: Here at the command center in New Jersey, there is no new information to report, because the military has clamped a total media blackout on whatever is going on out here. Officials are not saying anything about their attempts to contain these creatures. And, now, I can see back from their expedition to Manhattan--

As he talks, Audrey and her brother are walking by. They both spot him, and walk away. Just then, military jeeps arrive in the scene. O'Neal and Jonah both come out of one. They both walk to the newspeople. 

O'Neal: Ok, no, the situation is under control. It's under control. We have containment. 

Audrey and Robbie look around, and suddenly, they spot both Nick and Eddie coming out of a jeep. 

Nick: (To driver) Don't wait for us. We're okay. 

The two of them watch them walk away to a store. The heroes see them, and follow them. Both Audrey and Robbie decide to follow them too. They all go inside the store. The door's chime jingles. The owner sees them. 

Woman: Can I help you all?

Eddie: Yes, but it's me and my brother, ma'am. We're the ones who are buying. 

Nick: Do you have any at-home pregnancy tests, especially ones that look for gonadotropic hormones or clomiphene citrate? 

Woman: I don't know. This--This-- 

She bends down to check her supplies. As she does, Audrey and Robbie arrive in front of the store, and they see them inside. They both go inside as the woman shows them four supplies of pregnancy test. 

Woman: This is all we've got. 

Nick: We'll take all of them. 

Woman: Ok.

Audrey: Wow. You must have quite some harem. 

Both Nick and Eddie turn around at that voice, and they see who it is. They're both shocked and surprised to see who it is. 

Eddie: Audrey? Audrey and Robbie Timmons?!

Nick: Audrey? Oh, my gosh. Is that you? What are you both doing here? Ha--Hi. Hello. Wow.

Yuu: (Looks at them) You know these two?

Eddie: Know them? Audrey is my brother's ex from college. And Robbie is her brother, and my best friend. We haven't seen them in eight years. Oh, wait. (To woman) How much are those?

Woman: $46 dollars. 

Eddie: Alright. (Takes out his wallet) I'll pay for them, Nick. 

Nick: (Nods at him, and looks at Audrey) Gosh, you-- You look-- Wow. How've you been? 

Audrey: It's good to see you, Nick.

Robbie: It's great to see you guys again. It's been a long time.

Nick: (To Audrey) So, you made it.

Audrey: What?

Nick: You're a reporter, huh?

Audrey suddenly remembers the tag she has. She looks down.